yes will try it

Comment

Re: Samsung UE58MU6125K flashing standby led only

ok baked mainboard 10 mins in oven @ 200c
      Still same ie not working
      waiting for replacement mainboard to come, going to be a long wait

Comment

UPDATE**** Replacement mainboard from Spain arrived today in post, quicker than some UK sellers
        Fitted board and the set has powered up ok, all in Spanish though lol
        Seems to be working ok, so it seems that it was a mainboard problem
        Now to get the back cover refitted, not sure how it fits back yet, its a screwless cover
        Reset/Retune and see how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by london-freddie View Post
          ok baked mainboard 10 mins in oven @ 200c
          Still same ie not working
          waiting for replacement mainboard to come, going to be a long wait
          The aim is not to bake but to reflow the solder under the main processor. 200c isn't hot enough for lead free.

Comment

Ok still got a problem
            TV is working, BUT it thinks it is still located in Spain
            Reset it to factory settings twice, back to original factory settings (Spain)
            Changed settings manually to English
            No option on Location in the setup to select UK
            When all setup completed, still in spanish
            Terms conditions etc Spanish
            Updated software to 1262
            How can I convince this tv it is now in the UK

Comment

change region or serial No. all could be done in Service menu

Comment

Can not find a way in the reset menu on the tv to change region to UK, many countries to choose from but no uk, got spain, germany italy etc. etc.etc but no uk
                Is there an engineers setup menu on these tv's, as in the older samsungs tried info,menu,mute, power that did not get me into it

Comment

It seems each time I reset to factory state it reverts everything back to spanish with no option to select UK when setting back up,

Comment

I can change the language to english on the first set up menu, but not change the tv's location to uk, I have set that as other???

Comment

Can not find a way in the reset menu on the tv to change region to UK, many countries to choose from but no uk, got spain, germany italy etc. etc.etc but no uk
                      Is there an engineers setup menu on these tv's, as in the older samsungs tried info,menu,mute, power that did not get me into it
                      as i said inside service menu ( you call it engineering mode ) under MRT the region can be changed and language too..

TV in stand by. put the RC near the TV and very fast to press info,menu,mute, power

watch this youtube
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWz826UQf4o

Comment

Ok will try that again, I did try info, menu, mute, power earlier but it did not get me into that menu, I have used that menu before on older samsungs
                        Thanks for the help

Comment

Ok thanks for the help Diah
                          Got into that menu Changed Serial Number, changed language to EU nearest option, Region to paneuro
                          Restarted TV set up again much better but still not quite perfect
                          Have noticed channels are not in correct order, they are all over the place
                          WiFi is not working as in searching for WiFi did not detect any available WiFi, have got it connected by cable
                          In Menu, About this TV Wireless Mac Address is empty/blank,

Comment

Post photos on yours service menu , MRT available intery region ... language.. and where are listed wifi mac
                            you may forget to plug in wifi socket on replacement MB. in general wifi module mac stored on the module unless its defect as i mentioned early main fault of this samy model

Comment

Sure I connected wifi pug to mainboard
                              will get pics of menu in a few minutes
                              Thanks

Comment

forget to tell you.. yours replacement MB had before registered WLAN mac. which it other as yours.. from service menu make factory reset, it will read yours wifi mac and registered it if its not defect

Comment

Pic of service menu
                                  Attached Files

Comment

I did a factory reset from this menu, may order a wifi module

Comment

I did a factory reset from this menu, may order a wifi module
                                      change the code under network support to wifi_int

Comment

and wifi region look what other option you have and need to put the wifi vendor as printed on the module if it didn't detect it
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by Diah; 04-24-2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that Diah, changed wifi-ext to wifi_int reset again and now have wifi detected and connected
                                          Now just to sort the channel order out

Comment

Working...
                                          X