$10 computer speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $10 computer speakers

What is the retail price of those Logitechs?

The reviews on these Cyber Acoustics speakers aren't very good, even when they cost $10 on Newegg. Someone who spends $25 would expect speakers that sound good.

Actually, I don't think that any computer speakers sound good enough for music or movies. Speaker systems with subwoofers sound like the subwoofer is blown from the factory. The Logitech Z-2300 subwoofer was the only one I heard that I liked. Even the Klipsch Promedias sounded more like an engine than a speaker system.

Comment

Well, the Logitechs I was referring to cost $14.99 at newegg, but we sell them for $20.

Comment

I have finally taken pictures of the power supply.

The transformer produces 11.2VAC on the secondary with no load. The diodes are 1N4001s.

I might remove the 1uF input coupling caps since the IC doesn't need coupling caps on its input. I have discovered that polarized caps don't last very long when there a pure AC signal (no DC voltage) across them.
        I could also leave it alone since these speakers are so crappy. I have noticed that very high frequencies are too loud, but it might be a flaw in the amplifier IC (just like the APA3541).
        Attached Files

Comment

Probably a flaw in the drivers (crappy construction)
          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
          -David VanHorn

Comment

There is a fault with the amp. The problem is more annoying when using headphones. It isn't that bad when I use the speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by lti View Post
              I might remove the 1uF input coupling caps since the IC doesn't need coupling caps on its input.
              Are you sure those are coupling caps and not there for EMI?
              Mann-Made Global Warming.
              - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
              -
              You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
              -

Comment

Yes, they are coupling caps.

Comment

Originally posted by lti View Post
                  If I need good sound, I just connect my old Fisher stereo to the computer.
                  Bingo! QFT!
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I finally removed the coupling caps. It seems to sound better, but I am also using a 12V power supply. At that voltage, the amp has enough power to blow headphones, so I normally use a 5.2V power supply that used to be a USB charger (the wires broke where they entered the USB plug). There is no power supply noise when using that adapter.

The original adapter was made by Ten Pao International.
                    Our EI-28 to EI-60 specifications stand out from competition for their relatively low levels of audio frequency noise

Cyber Acoustics is a strange company. They started out making the MMS-20 speakers (the best computer speakers I have ever heard), then started making low-quality speaker systems with poor sound quality like these CA-2012s, and now make iPod/iPhone/iPad accessories.
                    Last edited by lti; 08-27-2011, 06:52 PM.

Comment

That sounds like your typical OEM... I bet there's like three different companies that actually built the products.
                      Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                      Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                      A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
                      X