Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg 60Pk950 Power Board Issue

First time poster on badcaps.net
    I got a problem, I bought a tv off gumtree ( A Australian ebay kinda site)
    For cheap cost me 150 but the buyer said there was a power problem with it.
    I said OK so I bought it
    As the title says is a LG 60PK950 and the power board is a LG EAY60968901
    Now when i first bought it and plugged it in at home it worked fine for about 20min then stopped working, and would not turn back on

So the red standby light is there but it wont turn on and it wont make a clicking sound either, So i think that it is a capacitor issue.
    The board has 10 to 15 caps on it and I could replace them all but i was wondering has anyone fixed this board before and could save me some time.

Thank you Louis

Re: Lg 60Pk950 Power Board Issue

Sounds like it may be a main board issue - it's common on these models.

Can you get photos of the boards inside the set?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hey I took some pictures,
      and the power board is out
      Sorry I couldnt take any more pictures it takes forever to upload pictures here
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm going to need two more pictures. One of that small green board to the left of the main AV board (the main AV is the one with the HDMI inputs on it) and one of the legend for the pins next to the connector on the power board which goes to the main AV board.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          I'm going to need two more pictures. One of that small green board to the left of the main AV board (the main AV is the one with the HDMI inputs on it) and one of the legend for the pins next to the connector on the power board which goes to the main AV board.
          Hi Tom66 and all,
          I would like to continue this thread.I have a 60PK750 with the same symptom.
          At plug in, almost immediate relay click, then back to red light.

I have unplugged various cables = no change. I have 5v standby.

What do you think ?

Comment

This same power supply board is used in the lg 60pk250 model and others I believe.I have read every post about what could be the problem (as the symptoms are all the same)why is this culprit so hard to find.Let me be the first to say what no one else won't....I DONT HAVE A CLUE��

Comment

Check for Cold Solder on back of Power Supply, very common issue on this series with the fault described.

Comment

I had a similar issue on a 60pk750. it ended up being the main board. I did the put it in the oven method and it's now working lol

Comment

Check these areas as pictured for cold solder.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I just fixed one of these. It would click on and then off. Tried the test patterns, same thing.
                    Unplugged the y main, same thing. Unplugged the x main, same thing. Pulled the power supply and checked the 3 5watt 10 ohm resistors, and sure as shit, the last one was bad.
                    I found one on a bad Panasonic board I had laying around, put it in the LG and it's working just fine again.

Comment

Working...
                    X