Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ati R9 270X is it worth reballing?

Hi guys.
    I have this card that dies under load with artefacts. Do u think it is worth reballing or it is a chip with common problem with balls under die?
    Last edited by ktmmotocross; 02-12-2019, 11:00 AM.

Re: Ati R9 270X is it worth reballing?

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
    Hi guys.
    I have this card that dies under load with artefacts. Do u think it is worth reballing or it is a chip with common problem with balls under die?
    there is no way for motherboard to warp so much that solder balls on bga would deform. So it's a DIE. you can reheat a working chip with 100C and you face no difference. Defective DIE would work again, not sure for how much long.

I have tested with faulty 8500gt, for fun. Used less than 100C i think.

Comment

im using 120c for detecting bad balls or die, but using reflow if not worth reball

solder balls dont deform. it crack because of overheating cycles, thats why TCON ics in TVs get resoldered

thats inovation on lead-free solder. producers like it because it get messed few years after end of warranty
      Last edited by ktmmotocross; 02-12-2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

try reballing. sometimes pad get some corrotion and lose the contact with prevuous balls.

Comment

i get hints from guys on net they are repairing it and tells me that even after reball id dies after few months so it is not worth. just reflowed it and now it still runs without problem for three months of hard gaming

Comment

Laptops does not suite hard gaming. now, this laptop has got a defective graphics chip and you have to disassemble this laptop at least twice a year. I do not know why costumers do not use gaming desktop PCs.

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
              Laptops does not suite hard gaming. now, this laptop has got a defective graphics chip and you have to disassemble this laptop at least twice a year. I do not know why costumers do not use gaming desktop PCs.
              The OP posted in the wrong forum.
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I am sorry. I thought he is talking about a customer's laptop. Anyway, the chip seems defective. so reballing and reflowing have the same effect.

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                  The OP posted in the wrong forum.
                  No wrong forum. as i allready texting to admin, there is no forum for PC boards and components, so this is the only forum for computers, mobiles and laptops

Comment

Posting it here is OK. No problem. Members used to post Graphics card problems in the subforum called "Other Devices with Bad Capacitors".

Comment

Working...
                    X