Panasonic capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic capacitors

...that actually say Panasonic on them. Anyone know why? I have never seen them but with the Matsushita M in the square. Photo is from JonnyGuru's In Win Commander III 800W PSU review.

Re: Panasonic capacitors

new one on me too.
    the blurry pic shows the m in a box.

Comment

Yeah, that's just bizarre. And it's very doubtful that In Win would source fake ones

Comment

Yeah. Everything else about them looks genuine. The vent stamp and colours look correct for that size.
        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

The D/C is 32nd week of 2014. A new style? Generally or just large can types?
          PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
          To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteS in CA View Post
            The D/C is 32nd week of 2014. A new style? Generally or just large can types?
            If that date code is correct then they're surely fake since OklahomaWolf wrote the review on 6/10/13
            http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...Story&reid=343

Comment

what i was thinking.

Comment

Would Panasonic confirm if these are real or not?

Comment

You may know that Matsushita has changed its name to Panasonic Corporation, to make their corporation name more "global", since many people recognize the Panasonic brand.
                  My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

I wonder if that is the actual date code because from this thread, someone from Panasonic responded saying the date code is basically month and day without the actual year.

http://www.element14.com/community/t...ailure-concern

Comment

According to that thread, these caps should be from 14th February 2013

Comment

Good catch, as they said 0921 means either means either September 21 of 2000 or 2010 so the first digit would be the same as the last digit of the year, they should stick to 2 digit years to make it easier. So in the case of the pictures above, if it was 2013, December 14, would it be 31214 then?

Comment

Looks like it could be because they are larger. (And hence have more room to put something like that)

I think I've seen Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors that actually say that in the shield logo on larger capacitors. They just have more room, so why not put their name on it? xD
                          Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Working...
                          X