Generator Brushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generator Brushes

Well the old Generator seems to be near needing new brushes. Its a Colman Power Mate Model PM52-2000. I have another number here. That would be 66140953. I bet finding these brushes is going to be a rabbit trick!
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
    Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
    John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
    Rod Serling

Re: Generator Brushes

do you have an ace hardware store near you?
    they have all those parts bins and one here contains assorted brushes.

Comment

I'll have to look into that. We used to have ACE Hardware stores here and there.
      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
      Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
      John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
      Rod Serling

Comment

I just did a search and the one I was thinking of is still there. Great!
        Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

Well I called that Ace Hardware store. Three different people put me on hold. They each said the samething, Quote: "Portable generator???" "Hold on and I'll check for you." "yes we carry them"..."No I don't want to buy a new one! I'm looking for brushes for and older one." "Hold on and I'll check for you." All the "Village Idiots" must work at that location now. I got tired of it and hung up. I'll call the one out in the county where they still have farms and the Hardware guys have to know their stuff.
          Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

Thanks Tc. I called the ACE out in Odenton, Md. and the woman that I spoke to was as sharp as a tack. She doesn't stock said brushes but she can get them from Colman. Cheryl said I should just find the "Contact us" on the colman site and order them up myself since I do have the colman part numbers on hand.
            Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

This is why induction generators are lower maintenance no brushes. The only wear part is the bearings.

How long did the brushes last before they crapped out?

There's nothing special about brushes if you measure the old ones you could pick them up anywhere online. Unless they have some sort of non removable holder for the springs that is.
              Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

No its not and AC induction generator. Its a self exciting brushed AC generator. This means diodes and caps work together to make the AC wave form. 3600 rpm makes the 60hz output.
                Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

I don't care too much because I have and 8000 watt honda comming.
                  Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

fix the brushes... in your shoes, a spare is essential in case the honda craps out on you... and brushes are not that expensive iirc.
                    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Working...
                    X