Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a Scratch Or A Cracked LED Panel

Hi All,
    There is an annoying visible scratch on my Led TV Samsung UA24H4100 and I want to make sure that ...
    1. The pixels beneath the scratched line is not damaged.
    2. And the panel does not exhibit any signs of crack underneath the scratched surface.

I was told some kid scratched the TV with a ball pen. The ink was wiped out but it left the scratch on the TV screen. Just want to make sure that the scratch is superficial only.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t7...AdlLDaIFObc5h-

Many thanks if any one can confirm that the scratch is superficial and there is nothing to worry.
    Last edited by Chaks; 05-25-2018, 01:55 AM.

Re: Just a Scratch Or A Cracked LED Panel

Don't worry its just a scratch

Comment

Thanks a lot ducky for the reply. Is there a way to remove the scratch or I have to just live with it. The kid seems to have drawn a circle in the center of the tv and dragged the ball pen across to the left of the screen and took a u turn to the center of the screen again. The path of the pen/scratch marks are visible with the same intensity as seen in the images. These marks are obviously visible in the white background (ms-word) but otherwise not noticeable. Any idea that would clear out the scratch marks without affecting the underlying screen.

Comment

You will probably make it worse so leave it as is.
        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

LCD screen have a film of plastic like material over the glass. So what you are wtching is not the bare glass. That thin film is what got damaged. DO NOT use any abrasives like polishing compound or the like to remove it. As Moreno83 said you will only make it worse, leave it alone.

Comment

I'm not sure if is OK but could try first on brocken screen and if you have one.
            http://www.pcextreme.net/style/fix-a...he-lcd-screen/

Comment

Leave it as it is.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the valuable suggestion. I wanted to use it as a computer monitor but since the scratches are visible and annoying at 1-2 feet distance I think the best use would be as a third TV in kids room. The scratches are less prominent at 4 to 5 feet from the TV. As everyone suggested I left the scratches as it is. Thanks once again for your time.

Comment

Working...
                X