No announcement yet.

LG 65UH5500 Royally Scroo'ed, I Think.. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 65UH5500 Royally Scroo'ed, I Think..

Something like this??

https://www.ebay.com/p/Super-Electri....c100005.m1851

Comment

might work. Of course, my "shipping cost quote" on that auction might be steep at $101... :-) Anyways, I wouldn't do anything unless you can locate the trace on the panel and you can find an area that you can gently scratch any protective coating off to attach to. Note: if you can find said trace, and are really careful with the coating removal, then you might not have to be so careful with the glue assuming that it won't eat thru the surrounding trace protection, if there are any (ie. you can just blob it on and it will only conduct to the area that you have scratched).

Anyways, it might be worth the gamble ... or at least a fun experiment with future knowledge potential.

Of course, this does nothing to find that actual root cause as to why the section of the ribbon was "torched" in the first place. :-(
      Last edited by budwich; 06-12-2018, 07:14 AM.

Comment

I can find the trace on the board side and, with some care, attach a jumper wire..

But I would be hard pressed to figure out how to access the corresponding trace on the panel side..

I am thinking of maybe getting some really find sandpaper and cleaning both sides of the burn and then lay in some conductive glue and hope... If it's just one trace, I might get lucky. I don't think I have the eye/hand coordination to actually address any individual traces in cellephane..

As to how it happen, I know what you said before about the humidity, but I can't help but think that some moisture developed and them when I powered up the TV, it shorted something and fried the trace..
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Michale32086; 06-12-2018, 07:47 AM.

Comment

you might get lucky. Yes from your picture it does look some what impossible to trace at the panel. On the sony that I have, some of the end cable tracks appear along the bottom corner of the panel and can be readily seen. Anyways, one thing you can try, is use you meter (on ohms) and see if you can get a "measure" towards the board (ie. short)... that will at least tell you that trace is good into the cable on one side. Then take your best "eye" and see what you can do with the glue to the other side... you never know. Further, if you measure some "thing" towards the board.... you could also try the other direction (using a common ground as one point)... if you again get lucky, you should get a valid measurement which tells you that perhaps your idea might have a chance.

Comment

Finally got the glue stuff I need.. sanded down the area slightly and applied the glue... Don't hold out much hope, but I'll test it in a few... Might get lucky..

On a somewhat related not.. If this doesn't fix, I am planning on using this TV as a display monitor, just without the right 1/8th of the TV displayed..

I know you can adjust resolutions on a computer, but is there a way to directly adjust the exact size of the display, width and height??

Comment

Welp, no luck with the conductive glue.. Was a longshot at best...

Oh well, I got a nice monitor out of it..

Comment

Wonder if this will work? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUlqa1alqH4
                seems to quite a few videos but few in English.
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-02-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

COF. looks like it failed burned hole in flex. happens alot in new screens,,

Comment

Working...
                  X