Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Elite 8000 SFF Power Supply

Hey Guys,

I have this old computer and recently the power supply stopped work.

After open the power supply, in the first view I saw an leaked Capacitor of Elite 420 V 120 uf 105 degrees...

So, using an multimeter I started test component by component...

I have found some shorted resistors also...

But, the biggest problem is about an unknow diode, the only reference on the diode is:

T2D 98
    ON green color and the number 8 have a underscore

Someone have experience fixing this power supply?
    Or someone would help me get (or share) the documentation for this power supply?

I can not use an regular power supply because HP check it on BIOS, this power supply have an CI inside communicating with the motherboard, and the motherboard is where the extra power cables come out to HD and CDROM.

Trying using an generic power supply, the computer start, then an screen about not using an HP power supply pop up and then computer shutdown.

Thanks in advice!
    Attached Files

Re: HP Elite 8000 SFF Power Supply

T2d is a Zener diode . You can test it like any other diode .

Comment

Re: HP Elite 8000 SFF Power Supply

Originally posted by jiroy View Post
      T2d is a Zener diode . You can test it like any other diode .
      Thanks for the reply!!!

I already have tested it, and seems like shorted.
      Using diode multimeter test I did it on both directions and failed.

Reading some other posts (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54016&page=1) about this diode, people says this is an clamp diode, so I have no idea what the correct diode use to replace this dead one.

On mouser.com there only one clamp available in they stock, should I buy this one:

http://br.mouser.com/ProductDetail/S...0parFL7Uoq8%3d

This power supply does not have an switch to 110V or 220V, this accept both automatically, so should I search in other place for the diode ST02D-200?

Since I have no documentation from this power supply, there are an way to found was the correct specs from default diode?
      I mean because the diode is dead, is impossible to try test and discover his voltage correctly?
      Last edited by Wisdom; 07-12-2016, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X