Samsung LE40B530P7W color problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LE40B530P7W color problem

Had this TV since new, turned on today and colors are messed up. Tried all sources, same problem. Did a reset (exit button for 12sec). Took back cover off, caps on PSU look good, reseated all cables to main board and tcon.No Luck. Any ideas to help with diagnosics. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LE40B530P7W color problem

Did you try the factory reset? This site has 5 options but doesnt mention your plan?
    http://factory-reset.com/wiki/Samsung_Service_Menu

Please can you update your profile with country and mains voltage
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Is there any chance of losing settings that can cause other problems, Country-Greece, 220 volts

Comment

Looks to me like LVDS setting is wrong:

Panel setting needs to be changed. I have seen this on the LE40A656 when panel setting is incorrect for whatever reason.

To change panel setting you need to access this page:
        http://img27.*************/img27/4972/resim003wah.jpg

Then select "Control", I think - LVDS setting should be under there. Change it to the other mode (I think there are only two) and see if it fixes it.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I did a factory reset from the service menu, but nothing improved. After I was looking through the service menu options and when I selected "DDR" which was set to "line" it showed two options samsung and etron (there was no "line" option) so I set it to "samsung". Powered off then on and the picture was normal again. Hope this helps others in the future. Thanks for your help.
          Attached Files

Comment

Glad to hear it's fixed!
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have Samsung UE40C6600 which I have used in the UK for 3 years. I have moved this to France. After setting the channels manually, all was OK, apart from the time on Info and EPG, which was 2 hours out. The TV only gave me options for UK and Ireland as the country.

I went into the service menu, hoping to find a further country setting. I did a Factory Reset, and now colours from all sources (DTV, USB, Bluray) as scrambled like in the original posters picture.

I have found the DDR setting, but this has no topins.

I have found the LVDS setting, this is current VEGA (or WEGA, the scrambled colours make the menu text is hard to read). There are two other settings, which seem to be worse.

Any suggestions for what to try now ?

Thanks

John

Comment

Do you see an option for PANEL, maybe marked AMLCD or CMLCD?

Comment

Thanks for prompt reply.
                  I cannot see a 'Panel' option. Under SVC, I see an option 'T-Com Checksum' which says 'Not AMLCD'
                  My screen is hard to read - where in the menus would you expect the Panel option setting to be ?

Comment

Fixed !

I was starting to take the back off, to get the panel info, and hence the Type. Then I realised my tech-savvy daughter had taken a photo of the Service Menu opening screen, which has the Type shown 40A1UF1E.

I re-entered this in the menu (there was 1 in place of a 0, which I had missed because of the hard-to-read text), and the TV is back to normal.

I will re-enter the French channel numbers, and put up with the time error on Info and Guide.

This may help somebody else.

Thanks

John

Comment

hello, sorry for joining this post, i just need help and i cant post a topic.

It is about our samsung led tv series 4 (UA32d4000n),

At first when the tv is turned on (samsung logo is blue) and tv is functioning well, after few minutes it is turning red.
                      Then i re-plug again samsung logo just turned into red and also the pictures of the tv.

I tried already the factory reset but it only last for few minutes then turned again to red.

Does the service reset is the same with the factory reset?

Thank You

Comment

hello, I have the same tv modelSamsung LE40B530P7W and my problem is that channels keep incrementing all the time when I power on the tv + the volume control is still decreasing toward 0.
                        I replaced all the caps from the PSU but nothing change....
                        do you have any ideas ?
                        thank you
                        marc from belgium

Comment

Working...
                        X