Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus Rog Strix GL502VM EC Bios Needed

Hi I'm looking for the EC BIOS to flash an IT8171FN-56
    My Keyboard doesn't work. Replaced the chip but the EC file I downloaded didn't work either.

Re: Asus Rog Strix GL502VM EC Bios Needed

try and report
    Attached Files

Comment

Same behaivor. Power button works, Caps Lock led on. But no response from any other key.

The keyboard was checked using Vertyanov Keyboard test mode and every key works.

Should I flash main bios?
      My thought is: there is a part of EC bios in Main BIOS what if EC is overridden by Main bios during boot?

Comment

EC bios is flashed from main bios on first boot as long as the EC is blank. After that, Ec bios has nothing to do with main bios.

Comment

My thought is: there is a part of EC bios in Main BIOS what if EC is overridden by Main bios during boot?
          Did you verify the content of ec-bios after first power on?

If they don't match, probably the data is overwrite during boot as you mention.

Comment

I'll verify that and post the results.

Comment

I flashed Main BIOS too with
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...658#post843658

but it has the same results.

Also verifying the EC BIOS after first boot up, it does have the informations I flashed.

So maybe wrong EC File?

Comment

So... I screwed up and wrongly dumped my Main bios and now it's gone. Can you guys help me with that too?

I have another bios file and that one boots but its from an GL502VMZ and it's different.

Comment

Try this bios and EC.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-24-2019, 05:46 AM. Reason: added EC
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you SMDFlea! I'll try them

UPDATE:

Ok, the Bios works fine, It got back all the features and it says GL502VMK again.

But, when I compare the EC file with my dump, the dump is of lower size.

I think it is related to the Veryanov parameter of FLASH=56

Should I erase that parameter?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by lazaro.089; 09-24-2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Yes try it, or change parameter to 64 and try that.
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

It gets corrupted if Flash>56 I think>

Here is the new dump.
                        Attached Files

Comment

See the attatched picture,your ITE_2.bin is on the left,the 128KB EC i cut from the VMK bios is on the right. Compare the 2 files.At offset E050 the ITE_2 says IT8171-bbk--v1.0 ,itmust be the 8KB bootblock from E000-FFFF.The first dump ITE_.bin is 56KB ,there`s no bootblock, all 3 files compared the same (56KB) from block 0-DFFF .Did you delete the FLASH=56 parameter before you dumped the ITE_2.bin
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, ITE_2.bin is with FLASH=64, I also tried removing the FLASH parameter (The default makes FLASH=128) But it has the same results.

Also looking at boardview, I managed to dump and program IT8995 with the full EC file.
                            But I also checked that Main bios reprograms it after first boot. (After first boot I compare both dumps and they're different)

Comment

Originally posted by lazaro.089 View Post
                              Hi I'm looking for the EC BIOS to flash an IT8171FN-56
                              My Keyboard doesn't work. Replaced the chip but the EC file I downloaded didn't work either.
                              I managed to make keyboard working to a GL753VD following this post:
                              https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...nt-Tool/page12
                              2 issues, tho: Caps lock close display backlight and keyboard backlight is not working. Copy in fw tool folder created any FW_NKxxx and rename it as NK.bin, try with all versions, no need to use other tools to flash EC.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-23-2021, 06:29 AM.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                              all donations are welcome,
                              see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                              >>>>>
                              click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                              Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                                I managed to make keyboard working to a GL753VD following this post:
                                https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...nt-Tool/page12
                                2 issues, tho: Caps lock close display backlight and keyboard backlight is not working. Copy in fw tool folder created any FW_NKxxx and rename it as NK.bin, try with all versions, no need to use other tools to flash EC.

HELLO , ok for ME firmware , no ok for backlight keyboard .

Comment

Here is works firmware for this IT8171 - all keyboard works OK - tested on GL753VD
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Slavol View Post
                                    Here is works firmware for this IT8171 - all keyboard works OK - tested on GL753VD
                                    I have the same problem, after updating the ROG Strix G513IM keyboard firmware, the keyboard stopped working, only the on/off key works.

You have the keyboard firmware for the ROG Strix G513IM or can you tell me how I could get it?

Comment

Originally posted by jefminguta View Post
                                      I have the same problem, after updating the ROG Strix G513IM keyboard firmware, the keyboard stopped working, only the on/off key works.

You have the keyboard firmware for the ROG Strix G513IM or can you tell me how I could get it?
                                      see post #15,17, make a copy of the chip before writing...
                                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Slavol View Post

Tested on Asus GL753VD all ok. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                        X