Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus P5K-E WIFI BIOS.

I have a problem....

I recently reflashed the BIOS on my Asus P5K-E WIFI AP motherboard and now the bootup splashscreen says it's a P5K-E, and not a P5K-E WIFI AP like before. Motherboard works fine without a problem though.
    I went into the BIOS and the option to switch off the Wireless card is still there, so I'm not sure if Asus was just lazy and didn't bother writing "WIFI AP" in the splashscreen or if there's something wrong?
    I did however download the correct BIOS from the Asus website, so I know that I'm not wrong. Should I be concerned?

Thanks.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Re: Asus P5K-E WIFI BIOS.

I just went to the Asus support website and the BIOS for the P5K-E WIFI and the P5K-E are exactly the same files. Could this explain everything?
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

No reason to worry. It's not unusual that motherboards in the same family share the same bios file. And as time passes, the manufacturer only updates one of them to save a few bucks.

Comment

I have that same mobo.
        Do you know if 2 X 2GB 800 will work ok with XP?

Comment

I'm not really sure of that, because I have 2x 1GB sticks. But 2x 2GB should work with XP because the max limit for XP is 4GB, but it will opnly address 3.25GB of that 4GB.

Comment

Working...
          X