• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another HDD issue

Results from the WD diagnostics
    Attached Files

Comment

Turn the drive upside down and rerun the same tests again.

Comment

Thanks blasterboomer for running that test. Sparkey 55 your pretty funny. Of course one could put the drive on the same speed motor and try to make sure it is always seeking and writing with the pull of gravity.
        I will take these error codes and bring them back to the source WD and see if they have a better explanation. Will post findings if they get back to me.

Comment

ok, thanks

Comment

This is the response from WD. They will need the serial number of the HD so it will be best for you to respond to them. You may attach this email and just explain that I was trying to help you.
            Attached Files

Comment

The quick test failing may be a bad PCB.
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

swapping pcbs with an identical drive does nothing, the good drive still works and the bad drive is stil bad..

The serial number for this hdd is WD-WCAP91563011

Comment

I sent the message with serial number. The pictures of the WD test. Told them it work on a vista and Windows 7 as a VM. So we will see if they know anything.

Comment

All they could tell me is that bad blocks or sectors caused your HD to run slow. They did offer 25% off of a new HD . I attached the reply from WD.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by keeney123; 12-26-2014, 08:04 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Yeah sometimes it's slowed down, but still usable, but in most cases (in my experience), it's pretty much unusable.
                      But hey, at least you are getting 25% off of a new HDD! They could have just told you that your warranty has expired.
                      Keyboard not detected, press F1 to continue...

Comment

Seems to me that the bad sectors are in disk management space of the bad drive. For some reason your software will not permanently reallocate that space.

Comment

Working...
                        X