Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspiron 6400/E1505 display

Hey there,

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505 laptop and my screen has this like um... dot?
    Some people say it's a dead pixel and some say i have transistor film damage?
    I have had two displays replaced and it keeps popping up?

I also have a friend with an IBM Thinkpad R51 and he also has this issue. Any ideas to what this dot is?

The dot is about 1mm diameter and is green... hmm... they always happen in green? no other colour. If i turn 45 degrees it goes white?!! It looks like dust, but it is behind the screen rubbing it doesnt change anything....

Apparently Dell says that im looking into another layer if i turn it, so it causes the whiteness?

I can tell you now that this display is better than the previous one that was replaced since the last one had this same issue but it came in all shapes and sizes? like they were small but some were like small hairs, others were dots?.

It happens in BIOS and Windows so it's definitely the screen.

Please help me determine what it is before i have to call tech support for another display replacement.... this display is only about 1 week old.

Thank You.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Re: Inspiron 6400/E1505 display

Oh.... i forgot to add....

Both of the displays were Samsung displays.... they are not truelife or in other words "the shiny screen".
    And my laptop was bought from the USA so im getting this done under the Dell management goodwill servicing here in Australia.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Ok, now i got a picture, i hope this helps, it may seem small but sometimes the other "dots" that die become quite large which worries me. In the picture, it is that thing above the mouse pointer.

If anyone has ideas to what this thing is.... PM me immediately.
      Attached Files

Comment

I got a replacement unit the other day from Dell. This time it comes with a truelife display and so far i havent found a single faulty spot!.
        I couldnt believe the fact that Dell gave me a much better replacement laptop for free even though the original unit was out of warranty.

My old Inspiron E1505 had an Intel Core Solo T1300 Processor,1GB DDR2 RAM, 60GB HDD, 15.4" WXGA Display.

My replacement unit is an Inspiron 6400 and has an Intel Centrino Duo T2250 CPU, 80GB HDD, 1GB DDR2 RAM, 15.4" Truelife WXGA+ Display and now it even comes with a Centrino certified Intel PROset 3945 wireless card and also a Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth module.

In the end, I'd say Dell technical support is very good and i'll probably buy a new Dell desktop pretty soon.

Comment

well each pixel on a screen is made up of a red green and blue pixel. what they do is filter the white light from the tubes to make the correct colour. those pixels are either on (letting light through) or off (not letting light through). in your case the green is stuck and always on.

i have seen quite a few red stuck pixels also and they are very much less irritating than green.
          capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

i was using a desktop LCD and it had a pixel that was constantly on (white). I pressed on the screen a bit and I was able to get it to where it was hardly noticeable. On a white background it would be an off white. On black it was sort of a dark green....or was it red.....damn i hate getting old.
            "Its all about the boom....."

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drinking.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death.....calm shepherds its certainty"

Originally posted by Topcat
            AWD is just training wheels for RWD.

Comment

There are some programs which fix the dead pixel. I never tried it since my lcd is good.

www.jscreenfix.com
              Originally posted by stevo1210
              Hey there,

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505 laptop and my screen has this like um... dot?
              Some people say it's a dead pixel and some say i have transistor film damage?
              I have had two displays replaced and it keeps popping up?

I also have a friend with an IBM Thinkpad R51 and he also has this issue. Any ideas to what this dot is?

The dot is about 1mm diameter and is green... hmm... they always happen in green? no other colour. If i turn 45 degrees it goes white?!! It looks like dust, but it is behind the screen rubbing it doesnt change anything....

Apparently Dell says that im looking into another layer if i turn it, so it causes the whiteness?

I can tell you now that this display is better than the previous one that was replaced since the last one had this same issue but it came in all shapes and sizes? like they were small but some were like small hairs, others were dots?.

It happens in BIOS and Windows so it's definitely the screen.

Please help me determine what it is before i have to call tech support for another display replacement.... this display is only about 1 week old.

Thank You.

Comment

Working...
              X