Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anything less than 470uF usually bulge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anything less than 470uF usually bulge?

Originally posted by smeezekitty
    2 Reasons that come to mind.
    1 So they will fail
    2 because eletrolytics tend to have less resistance across them over ceramics.

because they are cheaper than polyester or polypropylene more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by gdement
      Weird - isn't ITOX a long-life brand?
      Some models.
      Usually called them "Revision Controlled" the last few years.
      I have some Itox Revision Controlled 855GME chipset boards that are really well built.

Age probably matters too. Itox was slow to adjust for the 'Caps Plague' and I'm pretty sure the company changed hands within the last 2 years.
      Last edited by PCBONEZ; 04-05-2010, 05:39 AM.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

On devices such as set-top boxes and DVD players with a separate power supply board, I replace all of the non-quality electrolytics (e.g. unknown brands) on this board.
        For those which has the power supply on the same board, I replace all of the primary side units, along with the units before the output inductor, and those close to the output inductor of each rail, as well as units close to a DC-DC converter.
        My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
        X