Samsung Plasma Blowing Fuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Plasma Blowing Fuses

This PN59D530 runs in a restaurant 10-12 hrs a day. after about two years it blew the 10amp/250v power input fuse. I could not find a replacement ceramic fuse so I used a glass slo-blo 10a/250, which blew immediately. The power runs through a choke then the rest of the circuit. It has four transformers, including a large PB6F-VS. I have already bragged to my boss I could fix this TV, expecting bad caps. Now I am stuck. Help!?!?
    Keith

Re: Samsung Plasma Blowing Fuses

pics?
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Pictures are difficult for me, but I will try. I have not seen any popped caps or dark spots under diodes or resisters. I cannot check anything because the fuse blows as soon as I apply power. I will try to get some pics.

Comment

Still cannot get pictures from my telephone. Working on it.

Comment

I give up!! I cannot get you pictures of the PSU. It looks OK, no apparent damage. Could you tell me where to find a tech/repair manual? I tried "Tom's Manuals" but could not get past the language converter download.

Comment

Any one?? Please..

Comment

Nat whenever u see a blown fuse do not replace it before finding out the couse of it to open just test all the components stage by stage or one by one also use a bulb connected in series in the place of a:popcorn fuse

Comment

Working...
              X