help can't find replacement caps!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help can't find replacement caps!!!!

hey everyone, just an ol country boy trying to fix a 1990 suzuki sidekick it's a manuall 1.6 that quit running. I pulled the ecu(gold one) and found a bad cap in it. so i have three rubycons I want to replace but I can't find a crossover chart or anything to order them any ideas? This project is a keep me sane since I lost my job deal, so I really would like to replace these myself instead of buying a new rebuilt ecu. thanx any help will be appreciated and followed!!!

Re: help can't find replacement caps!!!!

write down what's written on those capacitors so we can give suggestions for replacements.

Comment

Trying to find any information on this capacitor rating.

It's an LTEC cap, LGZ series.

written on it is the following, (not in any order) :

LZG105°C(M)
      4803T
      ANV
      6813R

Again, I am trying to find rating and capacity. I checked LTEC's data sheets, but those aren't of any help to me.

Anything anyone on here can do would be great!

Thanks again!

Mike.

Comment

a picture of it might help also what is it out of. A picture of its placing on the board might help
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Just seen your intro so its out of a stereo.
          Better change your profile to Germany USA & 240v is confusing
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Here's the datasheet:

You can make some deductions based on the diameter and height of the capacitor.

ex if it's 8x11.5, then it can be
            680uF 6.3v
            470uF 10v
            330uF 16v
            220uF 25v
            ... at least it narrows down the possibilities. You might be able to determine the voltage based on other capacitors around it.

Post a picture of the board so we might be able to determine from the components around what voltage may run around the capacitor. It doesn't help much, because you may have 5v in the circuit but they could have picked a 25v capacitor so that they would be able to buy a ton of 25v rated caps and just throw them at the board. But it's better than nothing.

Still... pictures, pictures...

Comment

Sure, I'll snap a photo of the board, and it's placement, and of the cap itself.

Comment

I can't get the files to upload :-\

Comment

Originally posted by lionhearted.mike View Post
                  I can't get the files to upload :-\
                  Follow the instructions in my sig file below exactly.
                  --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                    Just seen your intro so its out of a stereo.
                    Better change your profile to Germany USA & 240v is confusing
                    Corrected profile issue

Comment

Still unable to upload. Posting to photobucket and will deliver the url to this forum.

Comment

Main board

This row of capacitors all appear to be identical, however none have any relevant supply ratings

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...e/DSCF0536.jpg

Main board with ID markings.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...e/DSCF0537.jpg

Close up of capacitors

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...e/DSCF0538.jpg

Surrounding components

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...e/DSCF0539.jpg
                        Last edited by lionhearted.mike; 04-14-2012, 08:11 AM. Reason: duplicated incorrect link.

Comment

The pictures must be a maximum of 2000 pixels on width or height.

Resize them so they're smaller than 2000 pixels and upload them here as attachments. Or use some image host that doesn't mess with the pictures (no resizing).

Photobucket sucks, as it resizes the images and forces people to watch the pictures on their website.

For example, use http://savedonthe.net/upload-image.php - it won't resize or change your image in any way, it just has to be smaller than 3-4 MB.

later edit: you posted while I wrote this.

Don't you have a ruler with mm markings to determine the diameter and height of the capacitors you want to change ? I already told you it makes it easier to determine the capacity and voltage rating if you determine those.

Comment

I'm limited in my supplies here. and i don't have a ruler :-\

Comment

I don't think your looking hard enough. I can see the ratings on one of the caps in the picture, but they are too blurry to make out. The ratings should be on one side of the stripe running down the side of the cap and the LTEC logo on the other side.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Lurker View Post
                                I don't think your looking hard enough. I can see the ratings on one of the caps in the picture, but they are too blurry to make out. The ratings should be on one side of the stripe running down the side of the cap and the LTEC logo on the other side.

I don't think that's it...if it was, I couldn't find any documentation on the codes.

Comment

I took some better photos of a particular capacitor i removed from the board.

It's the same size as the others with the same markings.. Shown in the links below.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...e/DSCF0541.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...e/DSCF0540.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
                                    Here's the datasheet:

You can make some deductions based on the diameter and height of the capacitor.

ex if it's 8x11.5, then it can be
                                    680uF 6.3v
                                    470uF 10v
                                    330uF 16v
                                    220uF 25v
                                    ... at least it narrows down the possibilities. You might be able to determine the voltage based on other capacitors around it.

Post a picture of the board so we might be able to determine from the components around what voltage may run around the capacitor. It doesn't help much, because you may have 5v in the circuit but they could have picked a 25v capacitor so that they would be able to buy a ton of 25v rated caps and just throw them at the board. But it's better than nothing.

Still... pictures, pictures...
                                    there are a lot of 25v 47uf caps around it..but the one i photographed individually is larger than the labelled ones..

I managed to get a rough measurement. it's about 23 mm long and diameter of about 13 mm. Does that help?
                                    Last edited by lionhearted.mike; 04-14-2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

ok, I think it's 10 V 1500 uF. based off the rough measurement.. Thanks for all your help!

Looks like I need to start paying attention to ALL of the datasheet.

Comment

That helps a bit... but I think you mean mm.

You look a bit in the datasheet and find the ones that are the closest to that size.

I see either 10mm x 23mm or 12.5 mm x 25mm, I would say the first is more likely...

6.3v 2200 10 x23 1650 0.042
                                        10v 1500 10 x23 1650 0.042
                                        16v 1200 10 x23 1650 0.042
                                        25v 820 10 x23 1650 0.042

If I were to make an educated guess, I would think they're 820uF 25v.

But just to be on the safe side, I'd replace them with 1000 uF 25v capacitors ... 1000uF is 820uF + 20%, and it's 1200uF - 20%. Almost all electrolytic capacitors have a +/- 20% rating, so 1000uF would be right in the middle of both values.

But it's very important to understand it's just a guess, in real world I would just go ahead and buy a 8-10 euro multimeter with capacitance reading. Or even simpler, just desolder one of those capacitors and go with it at some store selling multimeters and just ask them to let you determine the value with one of their multimeters.

Ffs... why are people lacking initiative...

Comment

Working...
                                        X