Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PS43E450

Working on this Samsung TV today.
    Initial fault has been repaired faulty X-Main.
    Repaired the x-Main, four shortet surface mount IGBTs - RJP30H1

So now the TV fires up, however it has 3 horizontal pixel width black lines.

I resat the connections and gave them a good clean but no joy.
    A replacement buffer was only £5 so though worth the gamble and ordered it from that trusted market place that is eBay.

Anyway buffer arrived today so before installing it I tested it and of course it was shorted so pointless installing it in the TV.

Question is, if i remove the bad buffer IC will the TV power up and display an image? (obviously with distortion/horizontal black bar where the IC would have been. Or do the more recent plasmas now shut down when an IC is removed?

It would save me the bother ordering another buffer if the original black lines remained.

Re: Samsung PS43E450

It should power up without the IC, but the picture above/below the IC might be missing.
    Lines from left to right and top to bottom, plasma or LCD, are almost -always- the panel, unfortunately.
    Samsung really, really cheaped on on their late model budget plasmas...
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yeah I know, had a few plasmas with horizontal lines and just reseating the connections fixed it, but for a fiver I thought what the hell.

I'll remove the IC and update soon.

Comment

Unfortunately after the ICs were removed the TV did go into error detect and the control board started to blink once every 6 or so seconds. Nothing on screen.

So I'm guessing that more recently plasmas won't power up fully with an IC removed.

Damn.

Comment

I have one it atm with a shorted plasma panel horrible samsung crap :L
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Working...
          X