Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any place to buy the cheap YSUS replacement board for Plasma TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any place to buy the cheap YSUS replacement board for Plasma TV?

My current 720P plasma TV from Zenith/LG got some problems, won't show pictures, kind of dard screen or funny images. Audio and tuner are all working fine. So I guess the y-sus board needs to be replaced. Considering this is a used 720P TV, I will probably won't change it if the price for Y-SUS is over $100. Can any one give some advise where I can find the relatively cheap Y-SUS board? I don't mind if it is a used one, as long as it is working.

Thank you!

Re: Any place to buy the cheap YSUS replacement board for Plasma TV?

What is the EAX/EBR/ or similar part number on the board? And model of the TV? Sure it is Y-sus?
    More likely to be Z-sus.
    Picture of fault?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

TV is Zenith Z50PX2D 50-Inch Plasma. By the way, how to check the EAX/EBR number?
      I will try to take some pictures and post them here.

Many thanks!

Comment

Here are some pictures I took. Any ideas it is Y-sus or Z-sus?

Attached Files

Comment

Have you verified that you're getting the proper panel voltage outputs from the power supply (see label on back of panel)?
          LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Assuming if all outputs are correct, what could be the cause of the issue?

Thanks!

Originally posted by capkid View Post
            Have you verified that you're getting the proper panel voltage outputs from the power supply (see label on back of panel)?

Comment

Originally posted by lovecd View Post
              Assuming if all outputs are correct, what could be the cause of the issue?

Thanks!
              I'd look at the Y and Z sustains if you don't find issues with the power supply, but make sure you thoroughly investigate the power supply outputs.
              Last edited by capkid; 06-15-2013, 11:55 PM.
              LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

It is looking a lot like a Z-sustain issue to me.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thank you guys! I will do some checkings and let you know what I found. By the way, do you have any link for tutorial on how to use DMM to check the output voltage and fuse, etc.?

Comment

Fuses are tested with power off and meter on ohms across the fuse; readings less than 3.0 ohms are generally good.

Comment

Hi All,

After a while, I decided to replace all y drive, y-sus and z-sus boards, got a good deal from ebay. However, after the boards are all replaced, the problem is not resolved. The symtom looks different now. I posted some pictures with the replacement boards installed. Any ideas whatelse could be wrong? Thanks!

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                      Fuses are tested with power off and meter on ohms across the fuse; readings less than 3.0 ohms are generally good.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X