Sony KDL 52W3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL 52W3000

The standby light flashes 5 times when the TV is pluged in, and will continue to give the 5 flashes. Pushing the power button the green light comes on for about one minute then the set turns off , I have no sound and no picture or backlights. I checked the voltages and they all are correct except goint to the tcon board. I am supposed to be getting 12 volts to the tcon and when checked with the DVMM it bounced between 4 volts and .3 volts. The tcon connects to the FB1 board. The FB1 board is getting the proper 12 volt input voltage. My question is, The sercive manual says 5 flashes is either a bad tcon or bad screen. If I am not getting the needed 12 volts to the tcon wouldn't I be safe in thainking it is the FB1 board? I think the FB1 is also called the logic board. Every board except the tcon has the proper input voltage. I can provide a link to the service info if needed.
    Thanks Everyone

Re: Sony KDL 52W3000

Possibly a shorted T-con - can you check if it gets good 12V with T-con unplugged.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Should have mentioned, I unpluged the tcon from the FB1 board and I am not getting the 12 volts foe the tcon from the FB1 (logig) board. That's why I felt the logic board was at fault.
      Last edited by shorteddiode; 08-10-2012, 01:29 PM.

Comment

That would make sense. Does it still only rise to 4V. It may be repairable - do you have schematics of the main board?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes go up to 4 volts then drops, then back up to 4 volts then drops. Continues to do that until the TV shuts down. Yes on the schematic

Comment

Originally posted by shorteddiode View Post
            Yes go up to 4 volts then drops, then back up to 4 volts then drops. Continues to do that until the TV shuts down. Yes on the schematic
            Can you attach the schematic?

Comment

Here ishttp://elektrotanya.com/sony_kdl-52w3000_fix2-

chassis.pdf/download.html the link for the service info

Comment

Well I replaced the FB1 board and now it's up and running, and 12 volts to the tcon.

Comment

Great. Though sometimes with Sony it seems a board swap is the only way forward.

Comment

Working...
                  X