DV6000 video problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DV6000 video problems

Hello guys, we all know this troublemaker and yet we have to rework them sometimes.
    Namely I got this one few days ago, no display post at all. I reflowed the GPU and the only thing I got was the external output internaly nothing.
    So shall I reball, repalce or reflow the NB? Or even the SB (which wouldn't make sense).

Re: DV6000 video problems

If it works on external output, maybe you have some problem in panel or LVDS cable etc
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Comment

Tried 2 display's (tbh once the display posted the HP bios screen, and since then nothing that was shortly after the reflow).
      So the lcd's aren't dark, they power on and become "a bit whiter dark" if I can say so. So its dull white I'd say (not the usual white screen problem).

I am a bit lost because drivers install normaly and the laptop works on external (same problem I had on the Acer 5520 which had the mcp this one hasn't), there was the chip broken.

Comment

GPU have a SLI inside , working on a external is a diferent circuit (insyde chip) than the internal screen , replace GPU and it will be fine . but to be 100% sure , chek 19volts line for LVDS as also 3.3 volts signal and the 5 v for inverter (inverter is not main problem ) you would only not have brightness but you must have the 19 volts on the LCDVCC

Comment

Sadly I got the right voltage.
          Someone before me used a heatgun on 350C (he told me) and blow it.
          Since I didn't past the 220C I am curious why it died on my profile.

Comment

Gpu

Comment

fried gpu. these little beast is VERY sensitive on heat

Comment

Well had dozens of them never killed fried one with my profile. Well guess for everything there is a 1st time .

Comment

senchire not properly , it could be in very end life it happen , just replace and all is good

Comment

I still think that his heatgun gave it the rest . Frankly I got some spare will exchange and report back ^^.

Comment

well , you can put the spare but you will massacre the board mate , maybe next time you clean the board to put the new chip you will rip off some pads , and that is no need for the moment this is really a bad GPU , bether the order one and replace to avoid giving heat more 4 times !

Comment

Massacre? :P Dude I am into reballs over 2 year's don't worry ^^.
                        Pulling pads is what happened to me in the begin not anymore. So no need to worry its more heating cycles then needed for the board but the customer isn't going to pay for a new GPU.
                        The reason for my question was because the GO7/8 series never did this kind of work display on external and not on the lcd, only MCP chips did that. Anyway thanks for infos .

Comment

Motherboard rev DA0AT8MB8H6 on the CN1 (lcd panel connection) the 1st 3 pins are marked as LCDVCC, on them I got 0V should that be so or?

Comment

hi friend,
                            LCDVCC should be 3D3V

Comment

Seems like that's my problem, now should I look at the schematic and see, or is it driven by the GPU (if that is the case I can leave it without repairing).

Comment

Working...
                              X