Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22" HDTV with strange behavior

Hi guys, gals,

So i have this cheap 22" Bush HDTV DVD COMBO (BTVD91216B) that i have been using as my second monitor, hooked up to a 980GTX G1 by HDMI.

Problem is that the TV won't come out of standby and it started doing this about 6 months after we got it from Argos. Although i could of used the warranty i didn't bother because i found a work around to get it out of standby mode.

This standby locking happens 100% of the time when my houses power goes down and the TV is plugged in. Once the power comes back on the TV is no longer responsive, standby light comes on but nothing will work. Like holding power button down for 30 secs and all the other tricks posted online.

The only way i could get it to come back on was to freeze it or put it in the garden at night for a few hours down to 5C or something, once also put it in a chest freezer for 30 mins and that worked also.

So i've been using that work around for a while now and once it's up and running it's fine but because we use a top up system for our electric every now and then the power will run out and the TV plays up again.

Now it's stopped working altogether apart from the standby light.

I had an idea what was wrong with it so i confirmed it by opening the unit and straight away noticed seeing that 2 out of 4 similar looking caps were all brown and crispy on the tops, no bulges but obvious leaks and probably now totally dry caps on the power board.

I could fix it if i could find some matching caps and replace them.

Problem is i can't seem to find any info on these particular model.

They are xunda 470uf 25V 105C or TM1128.

I have looked over the xunda .pdf but these caps are not listed.

I measured them and they are 10x16 and that isn't on that list even, there's a 35V 470uf @ 10x16 but no 25V one, Strange.

I'm trying to find out more about these caps so i can replace the 4 of them.

On that pdf there is no 10x16 25V 470 TM's so i'm hoping someone can come to my rescue and help find a good replacement.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and maybe try to help. Thanks.

Darren. xxx

Ps sorry i didn't see that post about putting the name and model on the title, now i can't change it of course
    Last edited by Reddoguk; 05-22-2015, 11:56 PM.

Re: 22" HDTV with strange behavior

I use Panasonic FR FM or FC in the power supplies I repair. Have you got photos ?

Comment

I have taken 2 of the caps out so if you want some photos of them then that shouldn't be a problem.

Just wait for my misses to get home because she has a higher mega pixel camera on her phone.

Comment

I had exactly the same problem with same tv etc and had to recap heres the ones I changed with the picture I found on the web
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's a picture.

http://i.imgur.com/SjrSnA4.jpg)
          Last edited by Reddoguk; 05-23-2015, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by azza1234 View Post
            I had exactly the same problem with same tv etc and had to recap heres the ones I changed with the picture I found on the web
            Might be the same TV but my power board is totally different than yours.
            Last edited by Reddoguk; 05-23-2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Strange the size doesn't match the data sheet. Panasonic FM look to be a suitable replacement.
              http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/alumin...itors/5261547/
              RS are now doing free shipping on all orders.

Comment

Thanks diif.

They look to be the ones i need.

I will order a few packs and i might as well replace the big 400V one as well right?

If so then i will probably be able to find it on the site diif has linked.

Probably be next week now with the bank holiday but i'll give it a shot since it's not much money and my skills with a soldering iron should be enough to try the job myself.

I'll keep the thread updated once i have done the work.

Again Thanks all to you that helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddoguk View Post
                  Might be the same TV but my power board is totally different than yours.
                  ok sorry

Comment

Originally posted by azza1234 View Post
                    ok sorry
                    No need to say sorry m8 you tried to help me and that's all that counts.

You have done this already to the same TV so you're input might be valuable to me even if the board is different.

Comment

This is my TVs power board with the 4 bad caps removed.

If diif or anyone could link me a replacement for the big cap i would be very grateful.

I have seen some on the RS site that diif linked for me but i'm not sure which one it is, some say DC and some aren't. So which one do i order to replace this bigger one.

The details can be seen in the photo but on it it says xunda 68uf 400V RK1128 105C (M).

Also it has to be a through keyhole type and not the snap in ones as there's a small part that would block it.

Again a huge thank you to those that are helping me.
                      Last edited by Reddoguk; 05-26-2015, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the cheeky bump but i need an answer please.

There is two options in the shop for the parts i need, DC or not?

I have found the smaller ones on RS and the 68uf 400V are there as well but i'm just unsure if the big one is DC or not?

Thanks Darren xxx

Comment

Yes, DC electrolytic capacitors.
                          Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Thanks Goon, i have just ordered the caps so should be here tomorrow.

Hopefully it'll be a success and instead of throwing it out maybe it will live on for a few years and produce many magical moments for me in my future gaming and streaming

Peace out xxx

Comment

New shiny Panasonic capacitors just arrived from the store. Time to get the iron out and hope for the best.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Omg guys i can't believe that it actually worked.

Not sure if it's placebo or not but the TV looks even better, brighter and more crisp.

Thanks for the replies and help.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X