Rare transistor LM6852D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare transistor LM6852D

Hi. I'm trying to repair a small 220V to 12V power source, where I found 2 LM6852D NPN shorted. I can't really find the same reference for sale, so I'm trying to find a replacement. I asked local shops but none could supply me with an equivalent.
    Now I've been trying to input the specs for the mosfet on online stores, but I put in VDS 400V or 450V, VGS 8 or 10V, and I get 0 results. Am I doing something wrong?

Can you help me find a replacement reference?
    I've uploaded the spec sheet online (it was hard to find):
    https://app.box.com/s/6q9hyn6t1wurxlgacwtl

Thanks

Re: Rare transistor LM6852D

This is a NPN Bipolar transistor ia Darlington arrangement with a Damper Diode. Rare indeed as I don't think I've ever seen a transistor coded with LMxxxx. I usually see 2SA, 2SB, 2SC or 2SD.
    I'm guessing it is a Power Supply Regulator or Horizontal Output?

Comment

It's an oddball transistor, only because it also has a built-in switch-off transistor, to speed turn off time.
      I would use any 600V beefier TO-220 sized part if it will fit. But I can't find any with a built-in reverse diode.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
        This is a NPN Bipolar transistor ia Darlington arrangement with a Damper Diode. Rare indeed as I don't think I've ever seen a transistor coded with LMxxxx. I usually see 2SA, 2SB, 2SC or 2SD.
        I'm guessing it is a Power Supply Regulator or Horizontal Output?
        It's a part of this power supply: https://app.box.com/s/kqp5ml16i1ubuxq6ye6k

Pretty simple layout, and on the other side of the transformer there are just 2 white wires and two red ones (220V in, 9~12V out). Both mosfets died.

I'm thinking I'll just open up a common 220V to 12V adapter and replace the whole board.

Comment

These 2 transistors are shorted. With transistors with this internal arrangement they may be good and showing as bad when tested with an multimeter. Share a copy of the TV's circuit diagram and I may be able better to help you. Did you check those diodes for shorts and Resistors for open circuit?
          NOTE: the transistors are NOT mosfets (Metal Oxide Field Effect Transistors) but are Bi-polar (BCE)

Comment

May be use BU808DFI http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe.../BU808DFI.html

Comment

These 2 transistors are shorted. With transistors with this internal arrangement they may be good and showing as bad when tested with an multimeter. Share a copy of the TV's circuit diagram and I may be able better to help you. Did you check those diodes for shorts and Resistors for open circuit?
              NOTE: the transistors are NOT mosfets (Metal Oxide Field Effect Transistors) but are Bi-polar (BCE)
              All the other components were tested, and they are fine. All diodes, caps, and resistances measured and verified.
              Legs 1 to 2 (base to emiter I believe) are shorted on one transistor, the other has a very low resistance value (voltimeter still beeps).
              Edit: These were tested outside, I pulled them out before I tested them.

It's not a power source for a TV. It's just a simple converter to feed a 12V fan.
              Last edited by Paulo Trindade; 10-21-2014, 01:35 PM. Reason: Extra info

Comment

Originally posted by kasfamily View Post
                Those specs are a bit different. Are you sure they will work on that circuit?

Comment

LM6852 is not DARLINGTON type, BU808DFI is DARLINGTON.
                  Never stop learning
                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

BU808DFI use in horizontal output tv. Show the whole scheme

Comment

That looks like a cheapola electronic transformer for 12V halogen lamps, like this circuit: ST Microelectronics App Note 3902
                      Suggest BUL38D or BUL39D which are bigger TO-220 package, but common.

Comment

Originally posted by kasfamily View Post
                        BU808DFI use in horizontal output tv. Show the whole scheme
                        Here's the whole board (notice the extra 4 diodes on the out wire).
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
                          That looks like a cheapola electronic transformer for 12V halogen lamps, like this circuit: ST Microelectronics App Note 3902
                          Suggest BUL38D or BUL39D which are bigger TO-220 package, but common.
                          I believe you are right. This board is similar to the ones on the lamps, and those transistors you point out might do the trick.

Thanks

Comment

Since this Power Supply is for a fan and not to supply power to work the TV I would suggest replacing the entire thing with one of those self contained units. Cut out the jack and connect the +ve and-ve directly to the fan.

Comment

Since this Power Supply is for a fan and not to supply power to work the TV I would suggest replacing the entire thing with one of those self contained units. Cut out the jack and connect the +ve and-ve directly to the fan.
                              Hi, I did that ealier today. I might eventually try to fix the original one, but for now that was clearly the easiest way to get it working.

Thanks to everyone who expressed their opinion
                              Last edited by Paulo Trindade; 10-22-2014, 12:12 PM. Reason: Thanks

Comment

In a CFL bulb I replaced the LM6852D with a BLD123D and it works.
                                Link to BLD123D data-sheet

Comment

Working...
                                X