Samsung un46d6000 white screen tcon issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung un46d6000 white screen tcon issue

Tv has bright white screen, can see very faint smart tv logo pop up then all white again. This tells me main board is working. Reseated all lvds at tcon, did not help issue. Have 12v at tcon fuse. Did find a seperate smaller fuse at bottom of tcon that looks "cooked", no short though. Measures 1.4 v one side and 17v other?

Re: Samsung un46d6000 white screen tcon issue

Worth noting that LCD panel failures on this series of Samsung TVs are very common, burned components on a T-con can be sign of a fault on the panel causing a failure on the T-con. If T-con is cheap enough I would replace it, but failure is very possible.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks for info. Unhooking left/right lvds to tcon does not change picture at all. I may consider this one a parts tv.

Comment

How much is a T-con?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

$35, Im going to keep fishing for one. If I can find one in the $20 range I will give it a shot.

Comment

Found a supposidly "working" tcon. I have picture but it's a tye dye like. Lots of whites,green,blue. Bad panel anyone?
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like loose LVDS or main board panel setting wrong. Good news is panel looks OK to me.

Comment

Ive cleaned, reseated lvds 3-times tcon to main to drive buffers does not help. Im going to try to do a firmware update first, it needs a update. Tom do you have service manual for this?

Comment

Only fast track guides:...
                  http://www.toms-service-manuals.com/...h=Submit+Query

Comment

Looks like maybe the wrong version of tcon was purchased. Did you order by part number on the sticker, or the board number that's printed on the board. I know these tcons have many different version as they can go in different size panels. I suggest you compare your original part with the one you purchased. The last 4 numbers and a letter of the actual part number will be on the sticker usually.

Comment

looks like here LVDS 8 bit 10 bit 12 bit is off in your service menu he may be able to fix this by getting into the service menu and changing the bit rate for the T CON board this is a slight If. good news is I think your panel is OK
                      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

You may be on to something nicholas, i went with the sticker on the back and seller assuring me it was out of a un46 model. The numbers are very different though, model printed on board is the same though. Original is m$35-D060329-L$UT311964EJ91.... New board is M$35-D061337-L$Qt31170B7851.

Comment

Ahh, yep chi mei panel. You will need to order the exact one as they are very specific. The 35-D060329 if the number you will need to go off of.

Comment

I have samsung 46 inches Led tv. There was no display it showing black screen with back light. i removed Right side panel cable from t-con board it shows half video with some lines. i fix it again and i removed left side cable but when i connect there was no 17Volts found on t-con board and its not showing video even half. i have doubt on T-con board. anyone having any idea ?

Comment

Hi guys, sorry to hijack the thread...

I have a Samsung LE46N87BD 46" LCD that I bought for 30 bucks, guy I bought it off said it wasn't turning on so thinking it would be an easy fix (cap's) I went ahead and bought it.

Got home, plugged it in and it turned on but the screen was completely covered in different coloured vertical lines. (pretty sure the guy knew about samsungs dodgey caps and swindled me knowing it was something else)

Caps look good, TCon and main board show no visible signs of damage, burn marks ect.

Anyway I tried giving the lvds connector a wiggle, disconnected and reconnected while the tv was on with no luck. (LVDS cable on this model is made up of normal wires and not a ribbon)

When the cable is disconnected the screen goes black and when reconnected the coloured lines come back but slightly different.

Removed the TCon and reflowed it in my kitchen oven, 10 min @ 200 celcius, and used some contact cleaner on the LDVS and on the ribbons going to the panel.

Now I have a completely white screen but if I wiggle the LDVS I can see the menu although its distorted now with vertical and horizontal lines. When I find the sweet spot and see the menu it will only last a minute or 2 before fading away to a white screen again.

The thing that worries me is when I have the distortion and can make out the menu, then start pressing on the TCon ribbons where they connect the the panel driver board? (the long skinny one that's connected directly to the panel by a dozen ribbons) then the picture is changing, getting slightly better or worse

Does this sound like typical TCon board symptoms, a power problem or is there a possibility the panel is defective?

I have ordered a new TCon and some 1000uf caps (going to re cap the power board anyway) and will update how the go but am still hoping you guys with more experience can tell me what your thoughts are...

Comment

Working...
                              X