HP Elitebook 8560p new bios problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Elitebook 8560p new bios problem.

Changed the bios chip for the pw and it looked ok.

After a while installing windows 8.1 it looked slow in start en restart.
    I tried to flash the latest bios which I was not sure it succeeded, so I did it a second time.
    The recovery I did with Mazzif way to force update. USB stick and keep Windowskey and B key pressed and push the power button.
    Now the system stays in this modus and don't do anything than blinking caps lock and fan at high speed.
    Anybody can help how to get out of this?

Re: HP Elitebook 8560p new bios problem.

Flashing the bios s always a risk, i think something when wrong, you can try to reset the mobo, and see what it does.
    The Night Drop Down, I Will Keep Try Until..., You Never know.
    Dushi Kòrsou, Nos Tei.

Comment

Masha Danki pa reaction,
      How to reset the mobo? I had it without battery, RTC battery and adapter for a day and as soon the system starts, it jumps into the programming modus. ( same when you hit windowskey and B key, capslock wil blink)

Comment

[QUOTE=hansie55;576571]Masha Danki pa reaction,
        How to reset the mobo? I had it without battery, RTC battery and adapter for a day and as soon the system starts, it jumps into the programming modus. ( same when you hit windowskey and B key, capslock wil blink)[/QUOT
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Dycc, but what do I have to do? Combine the 2 files. (forgive my ignorance)and then...

Comment

flash bios with programmer

Comment

Sorry, I do not have a programmer. I replaced the bios chip again with a new one and it works OK. Only the ID's are missing, where he complains about during Post. Also when starting post, he shows a line stating "Manufacturing program mode set: 6 of 10". And he also does not restart. He closes the programs and blank the screen and than freezes. When you switch off by hand he shuts down.
              seems that I got a lot to figure out.
              Something I never seen before, is that system screen turns black after a few minutes and can't be retrieved other than a restart.
              When you take out the adapter the screen pops back up ???????????????
              Tried this with several adapters and it was the same. Installed all the available drivers for this system from HP site and the problem disappeared.

Comment

Working...
              X