Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TC-P50VT20 10 Blink Code

Originally posted by matu View Post
    yes, only two c boards on the bottom.I can provide photo from the back if needed. Thanks for your efforts
    pictures could be handy just in case .

Comment

Page 36, see if you can make sense of that.

Also hook everything back up then try this.

To force the TV to display a white screen:
      1. Unplug the TV.
      2. With P6 and P7 disconnected, disconnect D5 from the from the D/A board.
      3. Plug in the TV.
      4. Now the TV turns on by itself with a white screen

see what happens
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Katzat View Post
        TW, you are doing the Lord's work. Thanks so much.
        yeah well I would not mind if he stepped in and did a bit or gave me a crystal ball

Comment

pg 36 not much sense to me but great help definately.

so did as you guided and TV doesnt power up at all, very strange.
          wait and try one more time.

Comment

pg 36 not much sense to me but great help definately.

so did as you guided and TV doesnt power up at all, very strange.
            wait and try one more time.
            put some pictures up please.

Comment

quite big files but detailed. links

1.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23...ew?usp=sharing
              2.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23...ew?usp=sharing
              3.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23...ew?usp=sharing
              4.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

interesting, plus I can't find a manual.

On the P board near the bottom right, there's a shadow marked P34 and then there are 2 links W81 & W84. Join those links and retry that white screen procedure.

Comment

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/540...c-P50vt20.html

Comment

wired these two, disconnect others. made a sound as switching on....click and thats it, no white screen or indicator lights in front. hard nut to crack

Comment

wired these two, disconnect others. made a sound as switching on....click and thats it, no white screen or indicator lights in front. hard nut to crack
                      running out of brain power. connect p6, p7, have D3 D5 disconnected, hoping for it to give white screen.

Comment

Thanks but this thread is a bit muddled , we're on a tangent looking at a TX-P42VT20B

Comment

acctually TX-P42VT20E if its make any difference. Where is D3, do you mean D31/32? will make this last test and leave it peace for a wile, expect you have late night over there already. report back if any changes. thanks a lot

Comment

acctually TX-P42VT20E if its make any difference. Where is D3, do you mean D31/32? will make this last test and leave it peace for a wile, expect you have late night over there already. report back if any changes. thanks a lot
                            could be the power lead(brown wires?)

If not then remove that link, put it all back together, disconnect that small tuner board above the A board and turn it on.

If that fails then I think go back to that p36 where it talks about checking the F15v and 15V.

The F15V is the standby 15V which is generated first and then when the set fires up the P15v should get switched on.

was the P board one of the many boards replaced?

I'll wait until you try D3 and then disconnecting the tuner module.

After that I'm too tired to think but someone in the UK might be around to give it a shot.

It should be possible to isolate the A board and get this to fire up, that has me curious

Comment

I can't see that D board close enough for D3, no manual means I'm blind and trying to use other manuals which may not match up.

Comment

On that Power supply, can you check fuse PR101 and see if open cct

Check Q301 & Q302 ( they'll be FETs on one of the heatsinks) for short cct

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                  I can't see that D board close enough for D3, no manual means I'm blind and trying to use other manuals which may not match up.
                                  cable with brown wires is D25. Couldnt find D3 on that board.But disconnected
                                  it and tried, no white. all wires put back on and tested without the tuner card, still same issues.When it makes a click after pwer on, the green lights on SS and SC fades soon away. The power board is also changed. Probably old boards work also. I can try and have tried different combination of P-board,A-board and D board.so far no luck.

Comment

Well , I don't know if this will prove anything at this point but try this.

disconnect sc2, Sc20, ss11, p35, the 2 white ribbons that go from the D-board to the c-buffers.

turn on and see if it 10 blinks, don't reconnect p35 sc2 or ss11 until there's no residual voltage present on those for risk of damaging a board or panel.

Comment

still 10 blinks. Does it indicate more like A-board, which might have defective already before mounted? Or two board at once. If only SS board would be broken then white screen should appear to the screen, isnt it? Ok, talk futher another day. Good night and much appreciation

Comment

still 10 blinks. Does it indicate more like A-board, which might have defective already before mounted? Or two board at once. If only SS board would be broken then white screen should appear to the screen, isnt it? Ok, talk futher another day. Good night and much appreciation

Might be time to confirm the voltages F15v and 15V. Could mean one of the boards received is also faulty.

With just the P,D and A connected it's one of those I feel

Comment

maybe this manual is close enough i got the link from another forum

Comment

Working...
                                          X