LG 50ps60-UA fuzzy red/pink picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50ps60-UA fuzzy red/pink picture

Hi, I was recently given this tv by an acquaintance. Upon turning it on at home I discovered the overall picture fuzzed out in red/pink/purple hues. It has nothing to do with inputs. After turning it on/off several times, the tv actually did work for about an hour. I needed to untangle cables behind it so I turned it off again and the red fuzzy picture is all I get now. After a day, nothing is changing. My acquaintance says that he never had any trouble with the tv whatsoever. Albeit heavy as hell, transportation between his house and mine went without a hitch so I can't see that having anything to do with the problem. As far as he knows, the power cable is original.

After doing some internet searching it seems like this is a somewhat common problem and the general fix seems to be repairing/replacing the Zsus board.

I'm totally ignorant when it comes to electronics and I have a tv that is small but works just fine, so I wouldn't really be interested in investing much money in repairing it. I'm just looking for advice on whether it's a good bet the problem lies with the zsus board and to put the $40 or so on a refurb since it seems fairly straight forward to replace? I realize there could be other device failures but the symptom seems to steer towards others' same experience where replacing it alleviated the problem.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Re: LG 50ps60-UA fuzzy red/pink picture

hi can you post some pictures of the fault and of the boards inside will need you to take the back cover off "unplugged" thank you

Comment

Here are some photos if it helps at all.

The part number on my zsus is LG ZSUS EBR55360601 (which maybe is unfortunate bc it seems to be a more difficult board to find).
      Attached Files

Comment

And the rest of the boards...

And one picture of what the symptom is.

Thanks!!!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

looks like its the zsus is it slow at refreshing ?

do you have a multimeter ?
          Last edited by comptek; 04-05-2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

As I said, I'm a barbarian. I don't have a clue what I'm looking at.

I don't have a multimeter but maybe I can get my hands on one if it's absolutely necessary for narrowing down the problem.

Comment

Z sus failure here, common issue on them boards I will link the repair kit which has the part numbers of parts commonly prone to failing so you can check them.
              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Link to repair kit:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-50PS3000-.../dp/B00H98102S
                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Thanks for the help Reecey,

I saw this repair kit locally on eBay as well

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-EBR553606...cAAOSwyQtVjNle

But I've no repair experience. I was under the impression these kits require soldering.

My thinking was towards getting a replacement board and switching them out. Seems like something I could handle myself.

Comment

They do require soldering and on that type of board it is a lot of work and is hard to do. Probably best if your not good at soldering to get a replacement.

Comment

Right. Ok, thanks.

Can anyone in the U.S. recommend a reliable source for a refurb? I see a few of them on eBay ranging from $55-80 but I guess I have no idea what kind of condition the parts will be in. ShopJimmy.com's out of stock. Not really sure where else to look.

Comment

I realize the tv is "ancient" at this point but it seems like there were some recent inquiries for problems so I just wanted to point out that I bought a refurb and installed it. The issue is now resolved and everything is working fine. Hope this helps someone in the future.

The board part I had to get was the more difficult/expensive of 3 possibles that would have come from the manufacturer on this tv (I don't know if they're interchangeable). There were not many out there to choose from. Where the few I could find on eBay where around $60 or more, I was able to get a replacement thru a site called myshoptvs.com. It was $40 plus 25% off as a first-time customer and free shipping. Got here in 3 days, installed in 10 minutes and everything's hunky-dory.

Comment

Working...
                        X