Acer s273hl bmii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer s273hl bmii

I bought this monitor off of craglist and the other day I unplugged it to clean water that had spilled on my desk, after I had clean the water, I plug the monitor back in, but it would no longer turn on. I open it up to clean to check what was going on and discovered that it was insanely dirty with cockroach poop (yuck). I clean off the the two boards that are inside the bottom housing, a Button Board and the main board. There was not much on the main, but the button board was gross, but I figured that all this nasty ass fucking poop was causing a short some where and I after I cleaned it all I got power and everything turned on but now my monitor has these lines and a small blackspot.
    Attached Files

Re: Acer s273hl bmii

Probably need to see pictures of your boards - what did you clean them with should have used isopropyl alcohol. Maybe clean and reseat the lvds cable but the lines may be result of screen damage - sure that no water splashed the front of the screen when on? - it then runs down inside and causes screen damage. Also it looks like one half of the bottom backlight is going dim?
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
    X