Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell 2007 FPb went black all of the sudden.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2007 FPb went black all of the sudden.

Before this I noticed sometimes a very very slight flicker that would go away then one day blam just black. I thought it might be the backlight or something. So after taking it apart it has 4 boards, the PSU all the caps looked fine but two of the others had slightly buldging caps from a brand called Elite which i never saw before. all the bulging ones are 24v, I'm wondering if it's even worth fixing something that old to resell and messing with it for ages. From what i heard Dell doesn't send out extra boards or stock them. So i counted about 8 or so caps that looked suspect. Would someone here go sure it's worth it just order new better caps and see if that is the only problem or just scrap it?

On edit the rest are perfectly flat on top and no signs of failing but there are a ton of them would it just be better to pick out the visible bad ones instead of the tedious task of doing them all which someone that doesn't do it all the time isn't a breeze like a pro.
    Last edited by Fud; 11-29-2013, 08:34 PM.

Re: Dell 2007 FPb went black all of the sudden.

Elite looks like crap! Had a bulging Elite cap in a PSU of a 2003 Dell Dimension 2350 (Has Pentium 4 Northwood 2.2 Ghz) that just had light use. Was mostly idle!
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 11-29-2013, 08:39 PM.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
    X