nvidia 470 capacitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nvidia 470 capacitor

hi, just recieved a graphics gard from ebay and it was in quite a bad way, needs a capacitor replacing on the board however I have no idea about the rating on it, i have done some googling with no results

the info written on the top is b0 820 2.5z

if anyone could shed some light on what these numbers mean it would be much appreciated!
    thanks
    Attached Files

Re: nvidia 470 capacitor

Needs replacing choke as well.

Comment

yeah that was the next thing i was going to look at, would this be a suitable replacement for the cap?
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-NCC-PSA-2-5V...item439b794b1b

and does it mater if the casing of the choke is broken as long as the coils are still connected to the board?

Comment

Those caps in your picture appear to be polymer and may not be the problem. Choke is probably okay too.
        Is the video card not working? What are the symptoms?

Comment

It looks like one is knocked off, though. The caps linked to should be fine.

ryssy, note that fleabay is generally not the preferred place to get caps, since most of them are fakes, but that seller (egekecu) is the exception. All the caps I've bought from him so far have been genuine.
          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Replace both. If they were mechanically damaged they aren't reliable anymore.

I would recommend replacing choke as well, but that will cause more damage than it's worth.
            If it is damaged it has changed properties.

Comment

That would be 820uf 2.5 volts. Probably in charge of filtering the GPU vcore.
              Originally posted by PeteS in CA
              Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
              A working TV? How boring!

Comment

thanks for your replies, well one of the caps fell off was so badly damaged, will try buying some of those ones i posted and see how it goes.
                the card just has no video output, hopefully explained by the cap being broken
                hopefully the choke will still be in working condition as i have no idea about getting suitable replacements for that

Comment

Option 1: Cap got knocked off and card stopped working because user was smart enough not to fix it
                  Option 2: Card stopped working and user was stupid enough to use brute force

Comment

I am hoping option 1 :-s

Comment

)

You will soon know.

Comment

Working...
                      X