Panasonic TC-P50x1 plasma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P50x1 plasma

I had the 7-blink of death. I ordered a new SC card from shopjimmy.com. The 7 blinks went away but now only the top third of the screen works, the bottom 2 thirds being black. Are there some resets I need to do or do I still have hardware issues in other areas?

I scoured the forum but didn't see similar posts. Sorry if this is a repeat.

Re: Panasonic TC-P50x1 plasma

No takers?

Comment

from what i know of these, you may still need to reseat the cables from the buffers possibly another dozen times. apparently rather annoying to get them to seat properly.
      WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Thanks, thought the same thing, have reseated them 4 or 5 times, will go for a dozen.

Comment

Tried reseating several times. Maybe a bad buffer board?

Comment

Check the buffers for shorts; If there is one, I guess the bad chip is situated where the "black" area starts, in your case on the SU board.

Comment

I ended up replacing the SU which fixed that problem. Now I have several horizontal lines in the top half of screen. Bad cap somewhere maybe?
              Last edited by TrueReb; 07-22-2017, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Power it down and play with the ribbons again, and again, and.................GOT IT!

Comment

yep, figured that. Cleaned ribbons with alcohol, better, but still faintly there. Downloaded the service manual and going to try a few resets then back to the ribbons.

Comment

Have reseated ribbons 7 or 8 times now. Still have faint gray bars (never did have black solid). Getting tired of having this thing on my dining room table (wife too).

Comment

Give us a picture of the screen. Take one of it in the all white test pattern.

Comment

It is easiest to realign the cables when the screws are out from the respective boards. The ribbons must be dead straight or it won't work. You shouldn't be able to see any copper.

I wouldn't advise alcohol in the connectors due to the high voltage. It could cause a short/arc between lines which will kill the buffer board. Also the electrons might get drunk.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks tom66, I'll try that.
                          Being a tech, I always clean connectors, I make sure they're dry (after a few hours or by compressed air) before re-connecting. I've run across dirty/corroded connections many times that were invisible to the naked eye.
                          To a non-tech: NEVER apply any liquid to an active electrical circuit/circuit board, as tom66 said, the electrons might get drunk. Nothing worse than a wasted circuit.
                          Last edited by TrueReb; 08-18-2017, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X