Pioneer plasma PDP-6020FD won't turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pioneer plasma PDP-6020FD won't turn on

Great. Bad panels are rare on these models and yours seems OK. I've seen only one on this forum with a bad panel, and that one lit up with lines on the screen. Get the Y-drive and resurrect this Kuro!
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Glad to hear the panel isn't suspect! I will replace the Y drive and report back.

Comment

Curious if you managed to fix this beast yet?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

It took a little bit to get the new Y-drive but I finally installed it last night and it is fixed!!! Thanks so much for all your help! Between my own procrastination and messing with a bad service tech, the whole process has taken almost 9 months! However, it was the tech mentioning this forum that brought me here, even though I couldn't find anything related to a Pioneer plasma that he said he was checking on in that time frame. Glad to finally get this behind me.

Comment

Great to hear it's fixed!

Comment

Thanks! Although frustrating at times, I did learn a lot and I am happy I was able to fix it myself, which wouldn't have been possible without your help.

Unfortunately, now I need to start figuring out how to sell this beast. I got this from my mom after my dad passed away because she thought it was too big for her living room. Even though I know it is a very nice display, not using it for the past 9 months showed me I don't value having a TV this big or this nice, so I figure I should try to sell it and use the money elsewhere. Any tips on resources to sell high end A/V equipment like this?

Comment

Old Kuros are difficult to sell. These are great TVs but since they lack the smart features of the newer panels you'll be selling to an enthusiast directly. Try places like AVSForum. Craigslist is probably going to be difficult. eBay may work. They're worth anywhere from $500 to $1,000 if you can find the right buyer.

I highly recommend you connect it all up and watch a good dark movie on it,m at least before you sell it... you might just change your mind. KURO is all about the image contrast, and once set up correctly it blows away even modern display panels.

Comment

Craigslist or if you are on Facebook utilize your local buy/sell groups and or use an app called offer up its like a local CL classifieds on your phone I use it all the time.

Comment

Dont sell it !
                    Honestly its worth its weight in gold they are beautiful tvs when it comes to picture and very reliable !
                    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Where did you get the Y drive?

Comment

Where do you check the vadr voltage?

Comment

At the connector marked Vadr on Y drive or power board

Comment

Mine is doing the same thing, 211 volts on VSUS when the Y drive is unplugged, about -.3 volts when it's plugged in. I have 75 volts on VADR either way. I'm going to order a Y drive board!

Comment

Replacing the Y-Drive board repaired mine as well. Thanks Guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X