Hakko FR-803B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hakko FR-803B

Is the Hakko FR-803B worth the 1400 bucks? Who has the best price online? I have not found anyone who discounts their stuff. Has anybody used one? It is programmable to store different settings and has a vacuum pickup too! From this unit, it jumps to way too high unaffordable price tag of over 20,000 bucks.
    My bottom side forced air Preheater is coming along OK. It was listed on another post. Waiting on final prices.

Re: Hakko FR-803B

Hakko uses very old pumps with few L/Sec , the latest YIHUA stations are coming with 28L pumps.
    As we speak the new models arriving in the markets.
    My top pick is the 8508D+ which will be available in 30D in UK.

Comment

I located a reputable source in China that sells the Hakko 803B for 580 plus shipping. I will contact them for total price. I have ordered parts from China for 10 bucks with free shipping. I have items with good price but shipping was soo high it was not worth it. We
      Shall see..will. keep you posted

Comment

I can not trust Hakko because they replacing their models or stop the production of spare parts because they just like so.

I am very willing to try this new YIHUA station, and in this purchase I will include and a spare (complete) heat gun.
        By this way I will be at 100% in the safe side.

Comment

I talked with the Hakko field representative today about Reflow and Reball. He said the HR-803B can remove BGA but not do a good job installing new ones because it has no dual video alignment veiws. He wanted to sell me the HR-1418 I think. 20k bucks!
          I read about people performing Reflow and Reball with out the split video convergence screens. Ares they just good or lucky or what. Once you install the balls on BGA is it that hard to align the IC to the board? Am I wasting my time and money?

Comment

With good flux those suckers pretty much seat themselves when the solder gets molten from what I have seen.

Some guys use some pretty questionable equipment and can still do it. Check out youtube.

Comment

Working...
            X