iPhone 3GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone 3GS

So I installed a new screen on my iPhone 3GS, updated to iOS 5, jailbreaked (broke?) it, and now I have a pretty OK phone (except I can't use it as a phone since I only have one SIM card and that's in my HTC Inspire 4G (rooted, Android 4.0 ICS), but two situations:
    1. the battery is not so good, after all I got it used for cheap with a shattered screen, but now that I fixed the screen the battery life is a downside.
    2. Now that I do have a new screen and since the back of the phone is almost in perfect condition I want to protect it.

So I figured hey let me get a battery case! yay! Well, browsing eBay I found that for about $20 I can get a Mophie Juice Pack Air. However, online customer reviews (Amazon, for example) of it are a mixed bag, some work great some units don't... and I had one of these before serveral years ago (I think, but it could have been a different one, i don't remember) that only worked intermittently, then again thats a moot point because I got it used.

Point being, anybody have a recommendation for a good battery/case unit for an iPhone 3GS?
    Thanks!

PS: I plan to make this my music/WiFi phone for at school, then use my HTC Inpsire 4G when I need internet when not near wifi, when I'm tethering on the bus, or when I actually need to make a phone call...

Re: iPhone 3GS

I tried replacing the screen on a ipod 4th generation, botched it. damn glue. I used a heatgun and pryed it apart just fine. tried to take the metal plate over the mainboard out, pulled the mainboard up and tore the sidebutton connector cable. Then I tried the same thing on the other end of it, the plate lifted the bottom half of the mainboard up and tore the battery connector off. what happened to the days of all-screwed items.

other then apple having screwed up devices, I mean, glass? really?
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

I just replaced the entire top screen/digitzer/glass/homebutton assembly, because it takes 5 minutes, instead of seperating all the layers, which is hard and takes at least an hour.

But... not really relevanrt?

Comment

Lol I'm just going to order it and I'll just return it if it's no good.
        [sarcasm]Thanks for all the helpful advice everybody![/sarcasm]
        LOL

Comment

Hey Shovey, those batteries you already mentioned are brilliant!

System: HP xw6600 Workstation, 650W PSU | 2x Intel Xeon Quad E5440 @2.83GHz | 8x 1GB FB-DDR2 @ 667MHz | Kingston/Intel X25-M 160GB SSD | 2x 1TB Spinpoint F3, RAID0 | 1x 1TB Spinpoint F3, backup | ATI FireGL V7700 512MB | Sony Optiarc DVD +/-RW | Win 7 Ultimate x64 | 2x Dell UltraSharp U2410f | Dell E248WFP

Comment

Ive seen the mophie juice pack around. My friend has it for a 4S and is very happy with it. As for iphone screen repairs, i do that on nearly a daily basis for work... Its not so hatd splitting the screen assembly apart unless you have an iphone 4 or the worst so far... The itouch 4

Now i just have to try and not break my 4S anytime soon :p
            Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Why don't you just change the battery in it? Batteries are pretty cheap on ebay, and you already took it apart. Make sure to turn off your 3G radio modem as you are not using it to save battery life. For a case, a simple rubber/silicon cover is good enough. Something like this except without the flowers is what I use:
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X