Samsung 245BW, need electrical work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 245BW, need electrical work?

I used this monitor for about a month from a pawnshop before it went out... it powers on but nothing displays on the screen, so I opened it up to check the electronics. None of the caps appear to be blown or bulged in any way, though there does seem to be some solder missing from a pin and some of the silicone appears to be to dried/burned? Took a couple pictures of the most noticeable areas, what do you experts think?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by calikevin; 08-07-2012, 01:03 AM. Reason: Oops, pictures...

Re: Samsung 245BW, need electrical work?

Hi - hard to tell what has discoloured the pins heat- flux-liquid - electrolyte.
    The unsoldered pin doesnt need to be soldered but again looks hot.
    If you read this monster thread ( get a coffee before you start) it covers most faults on this set.
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ighlight=245bw
    68 ohm Resistors being one. Once you get the general idea we can look at your set in detail -"it powers on but nothing displays on the screen" do you mean it is a black screen or a white screen
    Welcome to the forum-
    We can help a lot more if you please post good clear pictures of the whole chassis, and then pictures of each board, front and back and close up of connectors, (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) using the manage attachments button, which is found by clicking "go advanced" under quick reply.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

Examples of what is needed
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1290283049

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1280167246

It will be useful if you can say a bit about yourself - skills tools etc.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Alright, thanks for the reply! By powers on but no display I mean the Power LED shines bright blue but the screen stays black.

I don't have a board that looks like either one of your pictures though... Are they hiding under this giant metal panel housing the LCD? Please say no, lol.

Here are a few more pics, hopefully the angles are okay. They are mostly of the areas that look like trouble.
      Attached Files

Comment

In your 5th photo, selldoor is suggesting you check resistors RB805,806 and 807. With monitor unplugged, set your meter to resistance, measure across each resistor. They each should measure approx. 68 ohms.

Comment

5th photo all together or just in the last post?

And can you recommend a good meter? Thank you

If you mean Photo 5, Photo 6 is the same photo but better focused on the resistors you mentioned.

Comment

Yes, sorry, I meant photo #6 from post #3. Retiredcaps is the meter expert here and I'll leave it up to him to suggest a meter. I'm sure he'll want to know what price range you can afford before he makes a suggestion.
            Last edited by jetadm123; 08-07-2012, 09:33 PM.

Comment

"I don't have a board that looks like either one of your pictures though..."

He was using that as an example of what the pictures should be like, that's all.

Behind those 3 resistors, the cap appears to be bulged also. CB8???

T
              veritas odium parit

Comment

Working...
              X