Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LP2407 or FPD2485w No picture after cap replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LP2407 or FPD2485w No picture after cap replacement.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    I got this broken monitor free, and decided to try to fix it.

I have no picture.

I've replaced all the caps. Now the menu bar and power button light up and stay blue. If I unplug the signal plug, the power light turns orange. Does this mean its at least sensing a signal?

I have tried to look for picture with flashlight, but see no picture.

I have seen other posts suggesting I check fuse F1 and Mosfets Q1-Q4

Anyone else have other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Blenderboy

Re: LP2407 or FPD2485w No picture after cap replacement.

Originally posted by Blenderboy View Post
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    I got this broken monitor free, and decided to try to fix it.

I have no picture.

I've replaced all the caps. Now the menu bar and power button light up and stay blue. If I unplug the signal plug, the power light turns orange. Does this mean its at least sensing a signal?

I have tried to look for picture with flashlight, but see no picture.

I have seen other posts suggesting I check fuse F1 and Mosfets Q1-Q4

Anyone else have other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Blenderboy
    This is the kind of post that give me fits; a lot of words, but missing vital information.

1. What brand and series of replacement caps did you use?
    2. "No picture" describes a number of possibilities. Do you have backlights?
    3. The flashlight test sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.
    4. You implied (but did not explicitly state) that the monitor was hooked up to a working computer. Is that correct?
    5. A picture or two would be a big help. Are the power supply and inverter combined onto a single board or are they separate?

Two more points to check are the BL_ON (or similar) signal to the inverter, and the power to the inverter.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Sorry for the vague post. I thought I would keep it simple at first with the basic info and symptoms.

I'm not an electronics guru, just a guy with a soldering iron.... and I'm not afraid to use it!

I replaced all but the large Cap on the power supply and the two on the (inverter?) board. These were from LCD Alternatives. I can only assume that they are good quality. They all matched what I removed.

I don't believe I have back light. The screen is completely black. If the back light is on, can I tell from the front?

The monitor is hooked up to a working computer. I swaped the cables to make sure.

It apears that the power supply and inverter board are seperate units. The inverter board is the long thin board with the 12 coils correct?

I disassembled the monitor again tonight to take photos. I noticed that there are a few bulging caps on what I am guessing is the video board.

Should I order new caps for the video board?

"Two more points to check are the BL_ON (or similar) signal to the inverter, and the power to the inverter."

How do I check this?
      Thanks,
      Steve

Here are some photos for identification. I will take more in the daylight if needed.

Attached Files
      Last edited by Blenderboy; 04-12-2011, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blenderboy View Post
        I disassembled the monitor again tonight to take photos. I noticed that there are a few bulging caps on what I am guessing is the video board.

Should I order new caps for the video board?
        Definitely. The video board will not work properly with bloated caps.

You can order them from digikey.com if you are in the USA. Change ALL the caps on the video board because I count 6 bloated caps and the others are likely to be bad soon. Use something like Panasonic FR, FM, or FC for replacements.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

It is usually easy to tell if the backlights are working by looking at the back of the LCD panel. Most have a few holes and the light is visible.

I'll say the caps you purchased are suitable.

If the monitor still isn't working after replacing the caps on the signal board, I'll need pictures top and bottom of the area of the inverter where the cable from the power supply connects.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I will replace the caps on my video board as soon as they arrive. Hopefully thats the culprit.

Comment

Thanks for the information

Comment

Did this work? I Used the same kit from LCD alternatives in my fpd2185w and I replaced all the caps. The monitor turns on for a little bit and then the power light turns orange?

Comment

As it is a different Model,photos would cerainly enlist more help for your problem !!

Comment

Since you have a different model, it would be best if you started a new thread. Also, if you use the forum search function, there are quite a few threads on the fpd2185w already.
                    Last edited by jetadm123; 06-12-2012, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X