compaq q2159 going into standby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: compaq q2159 going into standby

If the monitor goes to st.by then it is like when it don't recognize a video at input, so when i was saying bad VIB the bad part seem to be the bigger chip that is not replaceable 'cause it contains data from what i know that is unavailable and difficult to reprogram.

Comment

ok .I understand

Comment

Ive had a thought , probably not a good thought , but a thought nevertheless . If pin 5 is the pin that powers the backlights then can I connect another 3.6volt feed to it to eliminate the backlights? would this be a good idea or not ?
        Please don't giggle but feel free to call me an idiot .

Comment

Yes of course you can try to wire it to a 3.something volts source, this is actually common troubleshooting procedure. A cellphone battery with the + side connected thru a 100 ohm resistor is what i use.
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

how would I connect it my friend?

Comment

That should've been obvious but oh well. Negative lead on battery goes to GND on power supply secondary. The black wire which you correctly took as ground for your measurements. Positive lead on battery goes to 100 ohm resistor, then the other side of the resistor goes to the backlight control pin.
              Originally posted by PeteS in CA
              Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
              A working TV? How boring!

Comment

hi th3 sorry the question wasn't clear . what I meant is would I need to disconnect the existing feed to the back lights ? im assuming yes but just wanted to be sure .

Comment

this monitor has a faulty screen so will salvage parts and take to recycling centre. same but good learning curve though . thanks for all your help people

Comment

Working...
                  X