Toshiba 46TL963 no picture of react to remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 46TL963 no picture of react to remote

Toshiba LCD/TFT model 46TL963, starts up, backlight comes on, but no picture is visible.
    It doesn't react to remote.
    On mainboard, a flashing green led blinks 3 times, then a delay
    Can't seem to find any service manual or other info about this issue.
    Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Toshiba 46TL963 no picture of react to remote

Check for audio by connecting a source and flicking through inputs.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Can't get any audio through...
      Feels like a mainboard issue... wonder what the flashing led means.

Comment

Check voltage both ends of T-con fuse, from what you have given right now it could be either main board, T-con or panel.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

T-con fuse is ok. +11.73V on either side.

Comment

Got a scope? You can see if main board is sending any video to T-con.

Comment

Yes, I will check that. BUT, if it doesn't respond to remote, it *must* be the mainboard, right?
              A faulty panel would not have such an impact?

Comment

Some TVs communicate with the T-con -- Sony are well known to do this -- if that fails then they will either lock up or throw an error. It's more likely to be main board though from your symptoms.

Comment

Hi,

Could you let me know what was faulty in your TV?
                  I have got similar problem with 46TL868

Best regards
                  Mark

Comment

Is it possible to get a servicemanual for a Toshiba 46TL863?
                    regards thoma

Comment

got one doing the same thing, distoring mainboard suddenly back lights get brighter remote turns tv off then turn it back on same thing again, when screen does come on the screen is a garbled green with like pixel blocks all over remote works again, turns off back as it was again ordering mainboard see if it fixes it

Comment

Toshiba TL serial main board hard ware are stable, the one not stable booting firmware (MBOOT)and operation INIT_CLEAR)- displaying firmware (MFC ),

any one of them corrupted, main board look to you fault to replace to be sure follow this steps.
                        1- download this firmware to TL963 , XXTL963x mean XX the size, should be written, the x are the LCD type could be A or C or K

2- rename the firmware you arranged as yours size and panel from XXTL963x_ ININT_CLEAR.bin to XXTL963x_WOAP.bin and flash the tv , leave it 1 minute ..nothings will happen on screen, it is Format command.

3- rename the file back to XXTL963x _INIT_CLEAR.bin and add the other files MBOOT and MFC to the USB to flash them. don't do any the TV it may restart twice.

USE USB format FAT32, the USB sould no more as 4Gb

file download from here https://mega.co.nz/#!1xFhGYKa!fs0sUx...8NLvmkSal_bP7s

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                          Toshiba TL serial main board hard ware are stable, the one not stable booting firmware (MBOOT)and operation INIT_CLEAR)- displaying firmware (MFC ),

any one of them corrupted, main board look to you fault to replace to be sure follow this steps.
                          1- download this firmware to TL963 , XXTL963x mean XX the size, should be written, the x are the LCD type could be A or C or K

2- rename the firmware you arranged as yours size and panel from XXTL963x_ ININT_CLEAR.bin to XXTL963x_WOAP.bin and flash the tv , leave it 1 minute ..nothings will happen on screen, it is Format command.

3- rename the file back to XXTL963x _INIT_CLEAR.bin and add the other files MBOOT and MFC to the USB to flash them. don't do any the TV it may restart twice.

USE USB format FAT32, the USB sould no more as 4Gb

file download from here https://mega.co.nz/#!1xFhGYKa!fs0sUx...8NLvmkSal_bP7s
                          ** sorry am i missing something here why would flexing the board make it suddenly burst into life if it was firmware ??????

Comment

Originally posted by comptek View Post
                            ** sorry am i missing something here why would flexing the board make it suddenly burst into life if it was firmware ??????
                            Gary mate, if you haven't seen Diah chats shit alot of the time. No one knows what he means. Any amateurs reading this DONT NOT FOLLOW DIAH's advise 90% of the time ! He is correct rarely but things like this just kill all hope.
                            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                              Gary mate, if you haven't seen Diah chats shit alot of the time. No one knows what he means. Any amateurs reading this DONT NOT FOLLOW DIAH's advise 90% of the time ! He is correct rarely but things like this just kill all hope.
                              lolol ok thanks bud

Comment

lolol ok thanks bud
                                Lol theres been a few disputes with him
                                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                                  you are the dirty shit over here, dosnt worth to write more for such suck gay over here... this Linux Platform repair level you will never understand it.., keep your ass fuck off snf whom standing beside you.

Comment

Diah is on to something here you know!

load usb stick as instructed, and the green led on the front goes to half red/green and the led beside it lights up, tv turns off and restarts and then i get a green screen looks like the old zx spectrum lines of mutlicoloured boxes whilst on a green screen and thats it so its doing something so im gonna try again incase i was doing something silly

Comment

Diah is on to something here you know!

load usb stick as instructed, and the green led on the front goes to half red/green and the led beside it lights up, tv turns off and restarts and then i get a green screen looks like the old zx spectrum lines of mutlicoloured boxes whilst on a green screen and thats it so its doing something so im gonna try again incase i was doing something silly
                                      i think you had missed the Panel Type Letters, it should be the same as on the Label Printed at the cover also inside on the chassis. so MFC will work Correct after written the Panel Bits Data

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                                        i think you had missed the Panel Type Letters, it should be the same as on the Label Printed at the cover also inside on the chassis. so MFC will work Correct after written the Panel Bits Data
                                        mine has a K after serial number and on the screen so i changed it to "K"
                                        no upgrade in progress on screen either

Comment

Working...
                                        X