Samsung 245BW cold boot flickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 245BW cold boot flickering

Ive been having flickering issues after every cold boot. After bootup I will get slight color corruption then followed by flickering for about 30 seconds and then monitors works fine. Does not happen when monitor has been up and working for several minuts.

The only thing Ive been able to do to fix the issue is by pressing the digital/analog button apon entering windows logon screen. Doing this will avoid the color corruption and the flickering later on.

After doing some reading here and there about my issue Ive learned that maybe this is related to bad caps on the power board so I took the monitor apart and looked for bulging caps. Unfortunately everything seems ok so Im at a loss atm. Can anyone here hep me out by pointing me in the right direction please ?

Ive uploaded a few pics of the board. Maybe someone here will see something that I havnt. If you look closely at the board there seems to be a missing solder point near the middle of the board but Im not sure if thats intentional or not.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and follow up on :-)

Attached Files

Re: Samsung 245BW cold boot flickering

Originally posted by Daniels45 View Post
    Can anyone here hep me out by pointing me in the right direction please ?
    Your problem could have already been discussed in this megathread,

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9343

PS. Caps don't have to bloat in order to be bad.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Good spot on the unsoldered pin - it is however intentional.
      Most problems on this board are in the megathread as retiredcaps says, if you get stuck or dont understand something just come back and ask.
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Reason I posted this thread is because I couldnt find anyone in the Samsung bw threads that had exactly the same issue I was having.

Heres a small video of what Im experiencing and may I add this only happens when system has been off for several hours. Once the system is up and running and Ive hit the digi/anolog button I can reboot the system and it will function correctly for as long as I need it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW8J...ature=g-crec-u
        Last edited by Daniels45; 12-11-2012, 11:50 PM.

Comment

The problem with the display showing no picture should be due to cold soldering joints. You might consider resoldering your board. The 245B Plus has similar problems.

Comment

I never was able to fix the issue so I bought a new monitor and voila problem solved. Wierd thing though is that my old monitor works flawlessly on one of my older rigs that has an 8800gt. Go figure.

Comment

Working...
            X