Hanns-G HC174D Eprom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanns-G HC174D Eprom

Can any one help I have 8 Hanns-G HC174D 17" LCD monitors, thay all have the same problem. When I got them the thay all had bad PSU caps. Replaced the caps and the PSU are now good (tested in a woorking one). Thay still will not power up (no power light), I removed the Eprom from a good working one and then thay work OK. Can I get a new Eprom for them and where from, or is there any way to rewrite the Eprom from a good working one.

Thanks for any help.

Terry

Re: Hanns-G HC174D Eprom

Originally posted by terry View Post
    Can any one help I have 8 Hanns-G HC174D 17" LCD monitors, thay all have the same problem. When I got them the thay all had bad PSU caps. Replaced the caps and the PSU are now good (tested in a woorking one). Thay still will not power up (no power light), I removed the Eprom from a good working one and then thay work OK. Can I get a new Eprom for them and where from, or is there any way to rewrite the Eprom from a good working one.

Thanks for any help.

Terry
    The technicians mantra: "Given enough time and parts, we can repair anything."

What is the part number? Is it soldered in or does it plug into a socket? Does it store firmware or does it store user settings? Have you tried one of the monitors with the 'eprom' removed?

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by terry View Post

Thanks for any help.

Terry
      You need an EEPROM programmer, they are readily available. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EPROM-EEPR...item1c1f3798ef

You can also use a PICkit 2 microcontroller programmer, and a breadboard.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

if its just user settings the unit may init the new one on first power up.
        you may need to go into the service menu and touch up greyscale , ect.

Comment

Here is a picture of thr chip, I guess it has the firmware. with the chip removed stiil no power.

Terry
          Attached Files

Comment

i know its an old thread but i think i have a similar issue too.
            instead of no led, the led of my HC174D stays green all the time, the power button has no effect. measured the regulators, there is 3.3V and 1.8V meanwhile the psu is ok.
            any ideas before blaming the chip?

Comment

Working...
            X