Lg 42pc1da

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg 42pc1da

I have one of these plasma beasts. I got it for free, with no remote or power cord. I found a compatable power cord and plugged it in. Without touching anything, there was a click, the white LED at bottom center blinked a few times, then another click and the LED was red. This all took place within 3-4 seconds. That's all the TV will do. I pulled the back cover off (I waited long enough for the caps to discharge) and examined the boards. All the capacitors look fine, none are bulged indicating a rupture. I checked all the fuses on the boards with my multimeter, found one bad fuse on the ZSUS board. I've done some researching online and a majority of the "how to" vids on youtube and links are about changing the caps.
    So, this is a 42 inch plasma TV that so far has cost me nothing, would be a nice TV to have, is it worth time/effort to troubleshoot further and see what it needs to make it work? What do you guys think?
    For the record, it's an LG 42PC1DA-UB, date of manufacture 2006....
    I appreciate any tips and help guys, thank you!

Re: Lg 42pc1da

In my opinion it is not worth the time, unless you are interested in learning what makes it tick and how to repair it.

Blown fuse on the zsus likely indicates the ic under the large heatsink (IPM) needs replacing - not easily done without the right tools.

Even as it is it should boot and have a shitty pic but you have nothing, indicating there is something else wrong, maybe power supply caps maybe something more insidious.

THEN when you get it repaired you might find the thing to have wicked maldischarge which may or may not be curable.

On top of that the IPM's cannot be had new so a used replacement puts your newly repaired set on borrowed time.

All that being said I will say when working properly they throw up a nice pic

Comment

Re: Lg 42pc1da

well with your input and lack of any other responses, I think I will kick this TV to the curb....moving soon anyway and I'm not going to drag this thing around if it's dead....
      will look into recycling it.....thanks mmartell

Comment

Working...
      X