Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Logic M17ANA 17" Monitor Bad Inverter Transformer

Greetings BadCappers:

--The front of this 17" monitor says Fusion but the label identifies it as a M17ANA which is a Star Logic Monitor. It has the 2 seconds to black due to a bad CCFL Transformer. Before I replaced all of the caps it did nothing. I have determined that all of the Lamps are good. The Inverter Transformer in question is totally open between all points, whereas the other one shows normal resistances. I realize I probably need to replace in pairs. I would be willing to make surface mount Xfmrs work if the pin outs are correct.

--My problem is finding a replacement pair for the bad and the other transformer which are marked SIT10153-1935 413D. I would even be willing to replace the entire board if I could find one that would work with the same foot print. As the below picture shows the board takes a 5 pin jack. The Board is Marked PDAW02047E0 REV:1.0

--Any suggestions would be appreciated. I cannot find a schematic.

"Marconi invented the radio but he had to wait years and years till anything decent was on."
    Johnny Carson 1925 - 1992

Best Regards
    Clear Ether
    Attached Files

Re: Star Logic M17ANA 17" Monitor Bad Inverter Transformer

id be inclined to try one of these
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1pc-4-Lamp...item27ca45452a
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

x
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SgtRock; 03-20-2013, 11:38 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Hi i use this company a lot semaforcz based in chech rep

ebay item number 121084338279

Usually quick dsepatch
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRock View Post
          x

Is that supposed to mean something? we are not mindreaders.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Dear Selldoor:

--Please excuse the seemingly cryptic post. I was in a hurry and had to leave suddenly. I realized that my post contained some misleading information, and I was unable to delete it or the pictures, so I left an x in order for the system to allow me to complete the edit. My apologies.

--It just so happens that I had the identical Universal Inverter Board you recommended, but I was not sure exactly how to proceed. On the strength of your recommendation, I plunged ahead and using my Fluke 87V determined the pin outs for the existing board by repeatedly switching the power on and off. See the picture of the original board below. The Black wire had 12V on it all the time, so I guessed it to be the Vin. The Brown wire was Ground. The Red wire had 0.25V except for the brief moment when the CCFLs were on, and then it had 0.16V, so I guessed it to be the ADJ or dimmer. And the Orange wire had zero volts except when the unit was on and then it had 3.4V, so I determined it to be the ON. Using the Guide printed on the Universal Board (see picture below), I cut the wires and soldered them up accordingly. And Bobs your uncle I got it working just in time for my brother to come over and get it, so no more pictures. The new Universal Board had a plastic rather than a metal shield, so I soldered a ground wire on to the board, which I connected to the metal frame, and I zip tied the Universal Board in place. Once again thanks for the advice, I just needed a push. Sorry again for the cryptic X.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners."
            Johnny Carson 1925 - 1992

Best Regards
            Clear Ether
            Attached Files

Comment

Good fix when it works like that its its a lot easier and cheaper than trying to source
              a replacement transformer or original board. - Great!

Comment

Working...
              X