Intermittent flicker - LCD monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent flicker - LCD monitor

Working an a '09? or so Acer, 22", I think. Random very slight screen flicker. Here's the thing; it may flicker off & on for a couple of days, & then clear up and not flicker again for a week.

Initially, I had it in for a black screen/wouldn't power on. I replaced several bulged caps & went over everything very well visually, couldn't see anything else wrong.

Ideas?

Re: Intermittent flicker - LCD monitor

post pics! an should have replace more then just the bulging caps, the other caps in the same areas have been stressed out from the badcaps .

Comment

Sorry!

Should have included more info. I guess. I actually did replace all the caps. Guess I didn't word that correctly.

I don't have any way to get pics at the moment. Just thought that by the symptoms I'm describing, someone might think of something.

I did go over the boards with a strong magnifier & I have a good eye - I'm certain I did not notice anything else defective.

Comment

Couldn't be the tube itself going bad?

Comment

Listen very carefully in a quiet room, hear any hissing or arcing? Could be a bad connection to one of the ccfls.

I'm assuming "going over the boards with a strong magnifier" includes looking for bad solder joints.
          36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

The monitor model # and photos of the boards would be helpful at this point.

Comment

did you replace with low esr or general caps?

Comment

Working...
              X