Tnpa5349ab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tnpa5349ab

I have a tc-p42s30 with a butchered attempt at a repair of the SN board.
    The board is TNPA5349AB. You can see by the pictures, the damage this guy did.
    There are unused spots on the board. Can I relocate the fet to it, along with the resistor, and replace the rest of the melted/blown up parts, and expect good results?
    I will check the buffer ICs also before replacing the blown fets.
    First pic is the fuck up, second is how it should be.
    Attached Files

Re: Tnpa5349ab

Ouch , i checked around for that SN board and out of stock everywhere i know of. Perhaps fleabay i didn't check makes me cringe. But perhaps you can find a cheap broken one to repair would have to be easier to fix than that mess, shop jimmy does have kits for it.

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
      I have a tc-p42s30 with a butchered attempt at a repair of the SN board.
      The board is TNPA5349AB. You can see by the pictures, the damage this guy did.
      There are unused spots on the board. Can I relocate the fet to it, along with the resistor, and replace the rest of the melted/blown up parts, and expect good results?
      I will check the buffer ICs also before replacing the blown fets.
      First pic is the fuck up, second is how it should be.
      Should work but grab a manual and check schematics. Something tells me a cheap hot air gun and max heat. Some people have no F-ing idea and should stay away for their safety and others.

You may have to treat that electrolytic as suspect too if enough heat has split the polyester and liquidfy the SC2. Hopefully you have a retired SC board somewhere to get that from.

you'll have tp be thorough and check other part sare present and accounted for. Grab a SJ photo and compare.

Thanks for an interesting scenario

Comment

ALWAYS ask the seller if they have tampered with the boards before purchasing a faulty tv.

Comment

I do a TNPA5349 board exchange on eBay Uk. I send out a refurbished board, and then the buyer sends me there faulty board when they have fitted and are happy that my refurbished board is working (I did offer a repair service but you get buyers saying the repair did not work and I want my money back even after the board is tested and working when it is returned), I then give them a small refund if there board is repairable. I have been sent a few with a lot more self inflicted damage than the one you have in your photo, and have told the sender sorry unable to refund on this.But I do think as my friend TW says it is repairable but not for resale. Good luck

Comment

I got the tv today for $10 with the stand and remote. I moved the resistor over to the un-used pad next to the cooked one. I put 4 fdg4536 on the board, one on the new pad, and a dg302 that read short on pad to one leg. The tv is fixed. Thanks for the input guys, TV T

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
              I got the tv today for $10 with the stand and remote. I moved the resistor over to the un-used pad next to the cooked one. I put 4 fdg4536 on the board, one on the new pad, and a dg302 that read short on pad to one leg. The tv is fixed. Thanks for the input guys, TV T
              what are you going to use when this fairchilds runout?

Comment

I dont know. I have been ordering them when I have extra cash. Got enough for about 50 more plasmas. If you find another replacement, please let me know.

Comment

I, too, have a TNPA5349AB in the shop that I’m scratching my head over (2011 model TC-P42ST30). The set had the (apparently) classic dead short across Vsus, with blown IGBTs at Q401-Q402 and Q421-422. I ordered a kit from ShopJimmy and replaced these four devices. Q441, D401, and D421 all appeared good under a diode test, and the gate resistors were also within tolerance, so the supplied replacements for these were not used.

Reinstalling the board (with the new screws) and applying power immediately took out the same components as before. No other parts appeared to be damaged.

Per the checks in the service manual and supplemental information, no shorts were found on any of the driver outputs. Neither the gate signals of Q401-Q402 nor Q421-422 are stuck “high.” With the IGBTs removed, a quick check with the ‘scope shows virtually identical waveforms at the input to IC501 and the gate connections of Q401-Q402. Similarly, virtually identical waveforms were observed at the input to IC521 and the gate connections of Q421-Q422. A normal waveform was also seen at the gate of Q441. So it looks like all the drive components are in good shape.

What could I be missing? Is it possible that one of the components I did not change is breaking down under applied voltage? Is there anything else we should check? I do lots of electronics, but TVs in general and particularly plasma TVs are well off the beaten track for us.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Check Q600 and the two DG302's that are in red.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks much for the reply, tvtimmy. Q600 is not shorted, nor are the other two transistors you indicated. I'm beginning to wonder whether we got some of those lovely fake IGBTs; there seem to be an awful lot of people that have had trouble with that issue. And FGD4536s are hard to find...

Comment

Working...
                      X