This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best cheap/free scores

since TC made it clear that discussing best socre on his "good score" thread was an act of terrorism (hijacking), i will solve the problem here.

please post:
    • best scores
    • recent good scores
    • quick questions about the scores
    • comments on scores.

to start, today i scored a palm IIIc for 15 bux at goodwill. it was half-off. had all of original stuff but the battery appears to not work at all. i found that to get a 1600mah on buy.com (includes screen protector) or 20-30 for an 1800mah. ill get the 1600 figuring it is less of a gamble. luckily the unit is held together with screws and clips. and the battery cable has a plastic clip.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Re: best cheap/free scores

I already started one of these threads.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6356

And yes, you truly did hijack TC's thread.

Comment

no this is expanded to include stuff found at goodwill, etc. that thread is about free stuff found in the trash, not cheap finds at thrift stores. the title makes it seem that way.

btw, you seem very trollish the past few days.
      sigpic

Comment

If you would read through that thread, you would see that we were no longer talking about just dumpster finds in it. But OK, you win this one.

Troll? I just destroy your shitty arguments against Windows, that's all. You seem to like popping into every possible thread on this board just to up your post count.

Comment

as for hijacking tc's thread, it was kc8adu who hijacked it in post #2:

Originally posted by kc8adu
          got a dell dual xeon box with 8 300gb u320 drives to pick up from a similar deal.
          dead power supplies.
          i fix stuff for the guy that sets stuff aside.
          i get a ton of lcd,plasma,pc lcd's,high end pc's,ect this way.
          his kids friends think he is a drug dealer.with 60"plasma sets on the wall in every room i can see why they think like that!
          just got a nice 50" dlp from him.needed a ballast kit and lamp.i will likely sell it tonight.
          so don't blame me... stop being a troll...
          sigpic

Comment

See my edit.

Also, if you noticed, kc just posted ONCE. He didn't start posting pictures of all his latest finds and asking for opinions.

Comment

well then that thread was hijacked. goodwill is not a dumpster. i dont intend on reading through 5 pages just to find what the thread is about.
              sigpic

Comment

wlg, f*** off! no one said i was hijacking for awhile and tc knew i was posting. this is the new thread where the title will reflect what is being discussed.
                sigpic

Comment

who gives a shit about post counts? i don't.
                  sigpic

Comment

How was that thread hijacked? (My dumpster thread).

Also quit calling me a troll. I'm not the one shoving Linux in everyone's face, bashing Windows, pretending to be an expert (like when you contradicted bgavin and said "no, limewire downloading is how computers get trashed"), asking for advice on life issues and then when valid advice is offered shooting it down/abandoning the thread, and most of all, posting just to up my post count. Don't deny the fact that you pop into every thread pretending to be an expert on the subject, cause everyone on this forum knows you do.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

You're a fucking pussy ratdude. Instead of replying to my arguments with valid rebuttals, you give up and start calling me a troll. Smooth move. Stay classy, dipshit.

Comment

To everyone on this board...

I'm sorry ratdude and I can't get along. I'm gonna do the mature thing here and admit that I've been a dick. I like to consider myself as more of an adult, not a teenager, but we all get pissed off sometimes you know? And I know I act pretty immaturely during my little spats with mr. ratdude here. So I would like to publicly apologize for this stupid horseshit. If the community feels that I would be better off banned, I understand.

Comment

only a trool would flame like you just did. btw, some answers to your questions:

post 9 good score:

Originally posted by Wizard
                            Very nice score.

My best score:

2004 date Samsung LCD 170N 17" Replaced LCD controller and microcontroller for about 25 dollars on a 9.99 value village (same company that runs Savers) that I told them it's not working. That how they pulled price down from sky high to this. Only semi badcap is one 10uF 16V SMD by the microcontroller for the VCC 5V. Changed for 22uF 50V and 2 SMD ceramic caps in parallel that were left off originally.

Cheers, Wizard

besides, that week i was having a lot of good scores. usually i don't score that often but that week was exceptional. a very abnormal week it was. odd coincidence.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by weirdlookinguy
                              To everyone on this board...

I'm sorry ratdude and I can't get along. I'm gonna do the mature thing here and admit that I've been a dick. I like to consider myself as more of an adult, not a teenager, but we all get pissed off sometimes you know? And I know I act pretty immaturely during my little spats with mr. ratdude here. So I would like to publicly apologize for this stupid horseshit. If the community feels that I would be better off banned, I understand.
                              hey, it takes 2 to have a flame war, so i admit some blame myself.
                              sigpic

Comment

here, since the thread kinda got hijacked over hijacking, im going to start a fresh one so nobody has to read though a flame war.
                                sigpic

Comment

I am generally not an angry person, I don't really know where the fuel for our little spats has been coming from. ratdude man I hope we can just forget this and be cool, but if not, I understand.

Comment

And yeah, please go ahead and restart this thread. TC, if you could delete this, I think we would all be better off, and like I said if you guys feel this is a bannable offense, I understand.

Comment

don't ban him... i remember when junk parts once got a bit over the top in the RIP micheal jackson thread... and he's still here...
                                      sigpic

Comment

i closed this one.
                                        hopefully the new one goes well.

Comment

Working...
                                        X