Teapo SZ
    1500uf 6.3v
    8mm x 20mm

I was wondering if these are good replacements

Nichon HM
    1500uf 6.3v

Panasonic M
    1000uf 6.3v

the Pan M serries I found at Digikey but it didn't list ESR or Z ratings and the temp is -40 ~ 105 as opposed to the teapo -40 ~ 105, but it was the only one I saw with a high enough ripple

Re: replacements for Teapo caps

AFAIK the Nichicon HM are known faulty series. Only the ones made in 2005 were bad but you don't know what lot they are from before you get them, so best pick something else.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
      AFAIK the Nichicon HM are known faulty series. Only the ones made in 2005 were bad but you don't know what lot they are from before you get them, so best pick something else.
      ~ NO ~

The HM and HN made from 2001-2004 were bad.
      Problem was announced publicly by Nichicon in mid 2004.
      Problem fixed in 2004 but exact date unknown.
      2005 and newer are good but some people are afraid of 2005 dates.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Here are the specs.
        Attached Files

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

I've encountered failed 2005 HMs in an Optiplex SX280 - which was probably due to that machine being hot, but I swapped them out for new ones anyway.

Comment

A failed HM in a heater box that readily fries MBZ, MCZ, FL & FJ as well doesn't prove anything.

If 2005 HM/HN scare you then don't use them and save some hair.
            - But there isn't anything wrong with them.

The only bad HM w/date codes 2005 up I've heard of came from heater boxes or had a bad PSU involved or the PSU wasn't checked at all.
            - AND I ask EVERY time it comes up. [Because I have some in service.]

I have yet to see a case where 2005 HM or HN were -confirmed- as 'just went bad on their own'.

The ones I have in use are on an Itox board in a file server and it has been running pretty near 24/7 for 3+ years now and not a problem.

Besides, HM are probably coming from Mouser who would not have 2005 HM or HN caps anyway.
            - In 2005 they weren't stocking HM or HN.
            They dropped the product line for a few years after Nichicon's announcement in 2004.
            Last edited by PCBONEZ; 11-28-2010, 07:18 AM.

-

- Dr Seuss
            -
            -

Comment

Originally posted by pflowers View Post
              hey there, I am replacing some caps on a mobo the old caps are

Teapo SC
              1000uf 6.3v
              8mm x 11mm

Teapo SZ
              1500uf 6.3v
              8mm x 20mm

I was wondering if these are good replacements

Nichon HM
              1500uf 6.3v

Panasonic M
              1000uf 6.3v

the Pan M serries I found at Digikey but it didn't list ESR or Z ratings and the temp is -40 ~ 105 as opposed to the teapo -40 ~ 105, but it was the only one I saw with a high enough ripple
              The SZ is comparable to MBZ and yes, HM is good.

The panny M are probably fine for the SC but I'd go better.
              Possibilities are
              Chemicon LXZ 6.3v 1000uF or 1000uF 10v FC.
              [The 6.3v 1000uF FC is 10mm, use the 10v for 8mm.]
              Note:
              - The SC specs are given at 120Hz @25C. 'In theory', the Ripple at 100kHz would be around 632 mA if Teapo's multiplier is correct.
              - The 'M' specs are given at 120Hz @20C so you can't compare exactly without some math.

-

- Dr Seuss
              -
              -

Comment

Thanks for the input.....I remember all that buzz on the HM....had forgotten about that....but I think I will use it anyhow.....that LXZ 6.3v is 15mm in L and a little pricey, but I have the clearance and its not my .64 cents...

sorry to have caused such a disturbance and thank you once again for solid advice
                Paul

Comment

Working...
                X