Panasonic TC-42PX34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-42PX34

Ok I have plasmas stacking up and an unhappy wife. I have yet to have a successful plasma repair. Who knows maybe this will be the one.
    I have a menu of sorts on the screen. (Per pictures) Those are the input menu and only covers part of screen. Also it took awhile to form. Just for the moment I would appreciate if the plasma guru's could tell me if you think this is a panel or board problem. If a board problem I can provide more pictures and info. Otherwise I will dump it. Thanks
    Attached Files
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Re: Panasonic TC-42PX34

your lucky, if i had a wife, she would of drowned in tv's.

looks like an x-main failure to me.

go over the fets and see what you find.
    WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

I could have a little hoarder in me to. I'll check board

Comment

I had a 2013 with a display like that. I pulled out the mainboard a little and it cleared up.

Comment

Can you plz post some pics of the set (power supply, mainboard...)

Comment

my only concern is the washed out colors of the display.Plasma Tv's have a short lifespan due to the nature of the plasma itself.

Comment

OK I found and replaced one shorted mosfet on Y. Checked over both boards and could not find anything else. Still batting 0 on plasma repair. No change, well maybe a little worst than my above pictures. I would really like to stop being a plasma hater, but could use some help.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by dskall; 08-23-2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Well With my limited knowledge of plasmas I will call it a bad panel and toss it

Comment

If there was one bad fet, there could be other problems, open gate resistor, bad driver ic...? not knowing which part was replaced on the SC board (and what the boards number is) makes it hard to even guess whats wrong.
                  Shop jimmy has linear ic for tnpa5335 SC board
                  Last edited by R_J; 08-24-2017, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Well the menu changes positions but the black areas seem to always remain which led me to believe it is panel. I will be glad to put up more info if it is possibly not bad panel.

Comment

Is this tv from 2013? Take a paint stick and pry out the mainboard a little. Mine looked just like that.

Comment

If the panel lost its gas usually there is no picture and a growling sound coming from the panel, a shorted cell ( or other short in the panel would most likely blow a buffer board)
                        Shopjimmy shows the SC board as a tnpa5335, if thats what you have search this site and you'll find lots of info on this board, It is possible there is a lot more wrong with the board going by other posts.
                        There could also be a problem on the SS board (Z-sus) as it can cause a similar fault
                        Last edited by R_J; 08-24-2017, 05:06 PM.

Comment

This is what I get from S.J.
                          Panasonic TXNSN1PPUU (TNPA5311AC) SN Board
                          I think you may have a bad SS board. They are cheap. Maybe TW. will chime in.

Comment

It is a 2011. I get confused with all the different terminology so the left to me is Zsus and buffers and the right is Xsus. The Zsus TNPA5311 and X is a TNPA5313. I had found no posts under this model but didn't search by board number. The bad mosfet was a R5007 on the Zsus I will get some pictures up.

Comment

Hope they are clear enough
                              Attached Files

Comment

Looking from the back of the tv, (not counting power or main) The panel connects to buffer boards, sometimes SU upper, SD lower, they connect to (in Panasonic) SC, most others its Y-Sus, ( in this case its Panasonic SN, buffers & SC combined) in the lower middle is the Control board (but in this case its part of the main board), to the right (in Panasonic) SS, most others its Z-Sus (a few call it x ?) It connects to the panel usually with a few wide all copper connectors. Most mfgr's call the boards along the bottom of the screen (X) (Panasonic calls them C as in C1, C2, C3)
                                Last edited by R_J; 08-24-2017, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
                                  I would really like to stop being a plasma hater, but could use some help.
                                  I am glad I am not the only one. My dislike for them seems to grow daily.
                                  BUT as long as I don't have to lift one or work on one... they do have a lovely picture. Sorry i'm no help on this one... I have had two now that ate my lunch dinner and breakfast again.. and the trouble was Tcon. I don't see one on yours and every plasma failure is a new and exciting rabbit chase it seems... all the best and if I do run upon something useful I will pipe in again.

Comment

Ya I've heard they have a nice picture. Should I actually get one working I will be able to see for myself.

Comment

Working...
                                    X