Sony UX handhelds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony UX handhelds

Got my hands on with a Sony UX180P handheld laptop thing that my mate has at work. It's like a laptop/slide up phone type of thing. Screen is about 5 inches wide and slides up to reveal a keyboard.
    Pretty nifty device I'd have to say. Mate wants to know if you can upgrade the on board RAM from 512MB to 1GB or not? By the looks of it's small size I'd say nay right?
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Re: Sony UX handhelds

if it is soldered, then no. (I *HATE* soldered RAM).

if it is on a module, then possibly.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Any way to find out without cracking the little shit open? I assume by the size it holds, it's probably some propriety soldered thing.
      Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

According to Crucial.com, the Sony VGN-U750 (the only laptop in that series they had listed for) has no memory slots...

Comment

i just read it soldered to the board!

Comment

Okay, so what can you do with 512MB of RAM these days then...? It runs XP Home btw.
            I remember a few years ago I had NO problems at all running XP on 512MB of RAM!

Comment

i just read it soldered to the board!

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by b700029 View Post

good luck... you'd need the correct memory controller and a bios back as well... its not worth it.
                sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Back to my previous question...

Okay, so what can you do with 512MB of RAM these days then...? It runs XP Home btw.
                  I remember a few years ago I had NO problems at all running XP on 512MB of RAM!

Comment

Working...
                  X