Zotac 9600gt capacitor replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zotac 9600gt capacitor replacement

I have already posted my query on tom's hardware but found no helpful answers..anyways i have opted to post it here because i think more informative guys can help me..and here is my question

I have this broken card that was shown to me by a friend. He told me that if I can make it work, its as good as mine.. I noticed that a capacitor had a leak and I think that is the cause.. Problem is, the capacitors has little to no labels at all.. at the top of the caps it only says

CF
    C

all in blue colored text. Any idea what capacitor type this is? Or how many voltage it has and any other specifics?
    Please help..i would really be happy to have this card working because I only have a 7300gt which is very old..thanks for any inputs guys i'd really appreciate it.

I already found what those labels mean but i'm not too sure..the capacitor has no manufacturer label only those..

CF - capacitor series type
    180 - capacitence
    C - rated voltage (this is 16volts)
    823 - this is the Lot no. (not sure what it means tho)
    this is from nichicon..

help..pls. thanks

Re: Zotac 9600gt capacitor replacement

I believe you are correct - the details are as for a nichicon cap.
    Is there nothing on the sides or base when removed?

Other main manufacturers do not seem to use that series/voltage code/ Batch uh value in that order.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

The Lot No is incorrect i think, i cannot find any reference on nichicon's site with an 823..anyhow i managed to replace the cap today with a 16volts, 1000uh. sadly it didn't work.. i think im gonna replace all of the capacitors later..then update my findings here. if it still won't work, i guess i installed an incorrect cap then? or maybe the damage is located somewhere else? are there any tools where i could test all the ICs on a video card?

Comment

Whilst you can increase the uf on a replacement it is usual to just go to the next step 1000uf is too big a jump.
        The lot numbers do not matter - they are for the manufacturers internal use - tells them what date they were produced and which factory
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

thank you sir selldoor for lots of valuable information. you're the best. i have found a datasheet at nichicon's website and i think i may have found my capacitor. here is the link. the rated capacitence (uF) is 180 and it is 16volts. going to our local electronics shop tomorrow and gonna opt to replace all 4 capacitors just to be sure..if it still won't work then im gonna go for a reflow next

Comment

Working...
          X