Pioneer vsx-1021-k get picture no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer vsx-1021-k get picture no sound

Im running reciever PIONEER VSX-1021-K using bd input from pc and outputting to my samsung 46 inch led.Im trying to use pure direct that suppose to bypass the dsp on this reciever from my readings how DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSOR. .Im using A SPEAKER OUTPUTS .
    I have tested this setup on my denon 2808ci and its always had sound .

This is what the read me says on Pioneer website for firmware revisions . I see people with same issue but have never heard anyone refer to there firmware as the culprit of the no sound.
    CHANGE HISTORY (Integrated firmware)

MODEL : VSX-1021,VSX-921(excluding VSX-921-K/UXCNCB),VSX-1026,VSX-926,VSX-51,VSX-50

[Integrated version : 0.236]
    Official version : 1-205-081-111-089
    Main : 1.205
    Sub : 1.081
    DSP : 1.111
    Bridgeco : 1.089

Fixes the following issues. (Modification of BridgeCo firmware)
    - Audio is delayed with Air play by using few devices (Related QI : B2017218, B2047210)
    - Audio is intermitted with the end of FLAC file
    - Cannot play the certain MP3 file
    (Play the file which is not selected, Change to other file during playing, Title of the other file
    is displayed.)
    - Improvement of performance of PAUSE function
    - Server error occurs when playing AAC file from Push controller
    - Performance of Plug Player is slow

[Integrated version : 0.219]
    Official version : 1-205-081-111-073
    Main : 1.205
    Bridgeco : 1.073

Fixes the following issues. (Modification of main firmware)
    - No video & audio output when connecting with HDMI extender (CE labs HM1CK-3)
    - No video & audio output from HDMI when turning on the power.
    - No output from channel except on front L/R when inputting multi channel LPCM of BDP-4110 from HDMI
    - No LFE output when setting operation mode to basic.
    - No sound of center channel under the following conditions.
    1) Connect only front SP
    2) Advanced surround mode
    3) Multi channel source
    4) Set Dialog E to flat

[Integrated version : 0.213]
    Official version : 1-151-081-111-073
    Main : 1.151
    Bridgeco : 1.073

Countermeasure against UE33 error
    (* If UE33 is displayed on FL display, network features become unavailable.)

[Integrated version : 0.164]
    Official version : 1-151-081-111-031
    Main : 1.151
    Bridgeco : 1.031

Fixes the following issues.
    - Large noise is heard when virtual surround is on
    - Large noise is heard under the following condition
    1) Input LtRt signal of DTS-HD/DTS
    2) No center speaker
    3) ALC mode : ON
    - Cannot play the DTS-HD signal from certain equipment(*)
    (* Such a equipment does not exist in the market now)
    - Correction of GUI for Airplay

[Integrated version : 0.125]
    Official version : 1-125-081-102-031
    Main : 1.125
    DSP : 1.102
    Bridgeco : 1.031

1st release version

Re: Pioneer vsx-1021-k get picture no sound

tHERE Is a status key on the reciever remote for pcm status It matches the input that I show on the reciever properties under playback it will show the 4400 hz or if change it to 4800 khz in windows it wil show that . So I know there communicating with windows 7. I see the volume bars move in windows 7 when I hit test or if I play something Like youtube or movie on my computer I see volume bars . I just dont hear anything from speakers. I get video cause Im hooked up to samsung 46 inch led I just dont hear any sound.
    Last edited by Packard93; 12-25-2016, 05:34 AM.

Comment

status frequency in windows when change will update the frequency under the status key on remote for the pcm . So if i change to 16 bit 48khz in windows and it was 44khz prior reciever will show the proper 48khz when I change it so I know I have connection between reciever a pc. I have video on my samsung 46D6000FXZA led from reciever and I got a connection to reciever cause there is pc desktop on my samsung TV 46 INCH 46D6000 cause Im feeding hdmi to the reciever from pc to the bd input .but I dont have sound. Stumped on that.
      Last edited by Packard93; 12-25-2016, 05:59 AM.

Comment

anyone know what to look for inside the unit to repair . I have multimeter ready I dont have schematic for how it operates to see where the issue is?

Comment

Checked IR-ASY IN service manual shows 6volts I show 3.3 volts .
          I see a transistor circuit. Would that cause the voltage drop or is that compacitor issue?

Comment

are you sure you are measuring the correct power line?
            for sure u have and a 3.3v power supply.

Comment

ok after I reread it . Its says 0-5volts so 3.3volt is tolerable .Im reading the flowchart . Yes Im reading the ir assy on the flow chart. The 19 pin on the ir assy not the pins on the main.So does this mean the volume will be low out of the head phones. Or is that 3.3 volts cause the volume knob is related to the amount of volume selected?
              Last edited by Packard93; 12-26-2016, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Check the BR Assy CN2108 pin 23
                (HP_DET) is low with connection
                of the headphones <<----- Does this mean check the cable for continuity?

Comment

f-rly seem to getting volts 4.8 . and center relay volts out of ir asy shows volts . When i change the channels with the channel button on front panel I see active volts going to relays.but I still need to investigate why I have no sound from outputs.
                  Last edited by Packard93; 12-26-2016, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by madan1 View Post
                    are you sure you are measuring the correct power line?
                    for sure u have and a 3.3v power supply.
                    ok after I reread it . Its says 0-5volts so 3.3volt is tolerable .Im reading the flowchart . Yes Im reading the ir assy on the flow chart. The 19 pin on the ir assy not the pins on the main.So does this mean the volume will be low out of the head phones. Or is that 3.3 volts cause the volume knob is related to the amount of volume selected?

Comment

Ok unit comes on everything but sound works controls all work lights up ok . No sound No error codes Any ideas appreciated .

Comment

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzc...ew?usp=sharingTested 3 transistors on the main assy board bottom . They look shorted . I have DVM ON diode setting and I show voltage on all three pins . Im not sure if I did the test right cause Im unsure which is gate . Need help . Can someone tell me how to test the transistor 7805a on main .There the 3 on main assy . If those are bad will my sound be out from these? I did a complete test on flow chart for no sound all voltages were fine now It says main is needed replaced but I tested 3 transistors and my DVM SHOW they looked short . Anyone know the proper way to test them? Pic link up.
                        Last edited by Packard93; 12-28-2016, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Those look like power regulators.
                          7805 is the +5V output one... most likely you have and 7905 there which is the -5V ( or vice versa ).
                          Instead of waiting for an answer, google the chip like "7805 pinout" and go to images. You will get smthing like this

This way you will speed up the troubleshooting

On the input pin most likely the voltage should be 8~12V
                          on the output you should have 5~5.5
                          (check the service manual for the exact values)
                          Keep in mind that the pinout of the 7905 different.

Comment

Originally posted by madan1 View Post
                            those look like power regulators.
                            7805 is the +5v output one... Most likely you have and 7905 there which is the -5v ( or vice versa ).
                            Instead of waiting for an answer, google the chip like "7805 pinout" and go to images. You will get smthing like this

this way you will speed up the troubleshooting

on the input pin most likely the voltage should be 8~12v
                            on the output you should have 5~5.5
                            (check the service manual for the exact values)
                            keep in mind that the pinout of the 7905 different.
                            service manual shows part number as kia7805api junction j29 j30 & j31 When I look at chip I show with magnifining glass I can read 7805A kia is above .
                            FOUND SOME KIA7805API JUST LIKE SERVICE MANUAL HERE https://www.utsource.net/search.aspx...7805API&page=1
                            Last edited by Packard93; 12-28-2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

It is very possible, that is a DTS chip problem. A lot of these and newer receivers, get an U22 error, which is most likely the DTS chip has un-soldered itself, from the excessive heat.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                                It is very possible, that is a DTS chip problem. A lot of these and newer receivers, get an U22 error, which is most likely the DTS chip has un-soldered itself, from the excessive heat.
                                No errors ever pop up . Reciever video hdmi tested with xbox 360 all show video . Just no sound. I dont have any errors that would indicate any problems . It powers on normally . I did a flow chart test from service manual . all test came back normal . Im think problem is on main assy . The digital board I would get error code Like you say. But since I dont have error 22.The service manual says to check the main assy which is the bottom board. Service manual has me check things on main assy which is bottom nothing to do with the top board where the error would appear if there were a problem there.So there has to be more testing for the bottom board to see what is the issue with no sound .What can I check on main assy . Here is a pic of the main assy in service manual
                                Last edited by Packard93; 12-28-2016, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Weird. Either it is something stupid like the HDMI cable not carrying any audio (not all HDMI cables carry the audio), something in the digital processing unit is not turning on or missing power or a cold solder joint.
                                  If you were streaming from your computer through HDMI, you would have to turn the HDMI audio on.
                                  If you can verify that audio is doing into the A/D converter all right, then check it again at D/A converter output. Other that that, you can try using heat, cold, flexing or pressing on sections of the PCB and see if that does something?

Comment

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzc...ew?usp=sharing
                                    Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                                    Weird. Either it is something stupid like the HDMI cable not carrying any audio (not all HDMI cables carry the audio), something in the digital processing unit is not turning on or missing power or a cold solder joint.
                                    If you were streaming from your computer through HDMI, you would have to turn the HDMI audio on.
                                    If you can verify that audio is doing into the A/D converter all right, then check it again at D/A converter output. Other that that, you can try using heat, cold, flexing or pressing on sections of the PCB and see if that does something?
                                    I know hdmi audio cable is sending audio . Cause it works with my DENON 2808 CI AMP . These cables are all brand new 1.4 versions . These cable work with all my other devices projector xbox 360 all work with denon amp I get pic and audio with denon receiver . The 1021-k works completely but no sound . I can hear the second click meaning that the chip is working from what I can tell watching youtube video when chip is working. There is two clicks for good working . But Im wondering if there is cold joint .There must be more verification board testing. Im going to do more testing on some more locations listed in the service manual under the no sound flow chart in there. pg. 24 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzc...ew?usp=sharing
                                    Last edited by Packard93; 12-29-2016, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Did you do a microphone calibration?

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                                        Check the BR Assy CN2107
                                        pins 5, 7 signals. I suppose to do this as next step . Can I use dc on dvm to do this check? I checked for continuity test for the connector previous step now I need to check signals.I think I need a meter that can measure hz .
                                        Last edited by Packard93; 12-29-2016, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X